Here we go again: Brett Favre

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I hope this is the last I hear about this for a long time.... it was a joke last year with all the coverage it got.

He'll be back. He wants to play for the Vikings. Don't be surprised if he's in that Purple and White next season.

I think he's done, at least I hope so. He should have retired a Packer.

Love the guy but I think he's done.

This time around it's different because nobody is going to want him. Last time he retired he was coming off one of his best seasons.

Brett, thanks for everything, but please stay retired this time.

I actually feel bad for the guy...only because I think he has some serious addiction issues. He needs therapy for his need to keep doing this, rather than more press and bouncing around the league.

He Should Have Stayed retired when the Pack offered him 20 mil to stay retired In my opinion, at the very least make a decison and stick with it Brett.

I agree with the majority here, it's time to retire. I thought he should have stayed retired last year. I used to love the guy too but after that whole ordeal I lost a some respsect for him, it's time to throw in the towel...IMO

I agree with the majority here, it's time to retire. I thought he should have stayed retired last year. I used to love the guy too but after that whole ordeal I lost a some respsect for him, it's time to throw in the towel...IMO

I figured the ladies would want him to keep playing. :in-love: I've heard that his butt is dreamy in those tight pants. :laugh:

Used to love him, now he's kind of pissing me off

It's hard to stay away from a team and competition. I have been chasing that dragon (being on a team sport) since I left college/highschool. Police work was close but it's just not the same rush.

Favre is an attention *****, he needs & feeds off the spotlight. Claims that's not the way it is, but it's sure the way I see it.

The Jets don't want him back & even if he did want to return to them it would be hard with all the press a number of his now former Jets teammates had regarding him & his primadonna attitude.

Adios Favre, go back to MS & stay there.

Not everyone. I want to see him suit up for the Vikings and go out and win the Superbowl.

Favre should've retired last year. He's like Jordan...sticking around too long and ruining stuff.

Not everyone. I want to see him suit up for the Vikings and go out and win the Superbowl.

Hehehehe....

the Vikings in the Superbowl. (Oh I hate them so much.)

2005-12-15-love-boat.jpg

Being from Wisconsin and a diehard Packer fan, as far as Im concerned, after the games that he played last year, I couldnt care less what Favre does.
I still respect what he did in Green Bay, but he is no longer a Packer, so who cares what he does?
My attitude towards Favre is much like the attitude I would have towards an ex-girlfriend. Sure, things were great for a while, but its over now and its time to move on.
We have a good QB in Aaron Rodgers who, IMO, will eventually grow into being a great QB, so I couldnt care less what Favre does.

Being from Wisconsin and a diehard Packer fan, as far as Im concerned, after the games that he played last year, I couldnt care less what Favre does.
I still respect what he did in Green Bay, but he is no longer a Packer, so who cares what he does?
My attitude towards Favre is much like the attitude I would have towards an ex-girlfriend. Sure, things were great for a while, but its over now and its time to move on.
We have a good QB in Aaron Rodgers who, IMO, will eventually grow into being a great QB, so I couldnt care less what Favre does.

It's true - Favre was great, tarnished the public opinion of himself by being a putz, and now he's going to fade away (if not this year, one year soon) embarassingly rather than be remembered wholly and completely as a hero.

Packers reiterate offer to retire Favre's No. 4
The Associated Press Published: February 12, 2009

Despite an avalanche of acrimony that ultimately led to Brett Favre playing for the New York Jets last season, the Green Bay Packers want to honor Favre by retiring his No. 4 jersey at the "appropriate" time.

But even Favre — who retired from football for the second, and perhaps final, time on Wednesday — isn't sure when the time might be right to heal his still-smoldering rift with the franchise that traded him.

"It's a shame what has unfolded throughout the whole thing," Favre said in a teleconference Wednesday. "But I don't know. I don't know. I don't have an answer for that right now. It may be five years, it may be the first game."

And Favre hinted that the continued presence of the man who traded him, Packers general manager Ted Thompson, might play a role in when he's ready to return to Green Bay.

"He had his reasonings, I had my reasonings," Favre said of his past disagreements with Thompson. "Who's to say who's right and who's wrong. He has a plan. I'm not mad at him for that. Other people may be, but I don't know. It's a touchy situation."

Favre waved a tearful goodbye in his Packers retirement news conference last March but almost immediately began having second thoughts and privately told the Packers he wanted to come back. Thompson and Packers coach Mike McCarthy were prepared to welcome him back — only to have Favre change his mind once again and stay retired.

By July, the Packers had decided to commit to Aaron Rodgers at quarterback and Favre began to have what he termed an "itch" to play again.

After several weeks' worth of public bickering that ended with a conversation between Favre and McCarthy — at which point McCarthy determined Favre wasn't in the right "mind-set" to play for the Packers any more — the team worked out a trade with the Jets and Favre accepted.

But the Packers put the ugly episode aside on Wednesday, issuing a statement congratulating Favre on his career and reiterating their intention to eventually welcome him back.

"Congratulations to Brett on a remarkable career," the team said. "The Packers organization wishes him and his family well. Brett always will hold a special place in Green Bay Packers history, and we remain committed to retiring his number at an appropriate time in the future."

Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy also has said that a multimillion-dollar marketing agreement with Favre could still be on the table when Favre is done playing for good. The deal originally was offered to Favre last summer, while he still seemed to be wavering on his decision to unretire.

Favre reiterated his love for Green Bay teammates and fans on Wednesday but seemed to have trouble hiding his distaste for Thompson.

"My stay in Green Bay was unbelievable, unbelievable," Favre said. "And not one thing could take that away, not one person. And that organization has been outstanding to me throughout my career. It is what it is. It's unfortunate. But at some point, it'll be dealt with."

Julie's mad at me, she is making me read too much tonight:flowers4u:

If I go thru the trouble of bolding the interesting parts, you just give me lip anyway - what's the use? :wink:

Fixed it for ya...:flowers4u:

Aw, you're right, I did make a typo.

Seriously though, I found the article interesting. (Most articles have all the info in the first 3 Ps anyway, they teach you to do that in journalism. It's for us scanner types.)

Back