What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had salmon & lemon with white wine sauce over wholewheat spaghetti tonight. Very nice it was too.:drool:

Flank steak, rice and mixed veggies for us. The leftovers will also be my lunch on Thursday.

I think tonight it will be a Chinese buffet. The wife is on a girls night so I have to fend for myself. I've been wanting Chinese and since she doesn't like it I'll go tonight by myself.

I ate too much. I want to :sick: now. I knew I should have just had PB&J. :sad:

We had salmon & lemon with white wine sauce over wholewheat spaghetti tonight. Very nice it was too.:drool:

You eat well!

Everything-but-the-kitchen-sink pasta, homemade sourdough bread (I'm way too fond of carbohydrates), broccoli.

Buttered Gnocchi with parmesan cheese. Didn't want anything hard as I had a root canal done on 1 tooth today.

Two White Castles Cheeseburgers in the microwave now. One can Diet Mountain Dew to wash it down.

4 Hot Pockets lol

My mom made curry and rice for her and my sister. Me being a picky eater, that's just not something I eat, and my mom hates cooking for me and then everyone else too. So I made myself some hot pockets.

Two White Castles Cheeseburgers in the microwave now. One can Diet Mountain Dew to wash it down.
Haha, nothing like washing it down with a diet soda.:act-up:

You eat well!

Everything-but-the-kitchen-sink pasta, homemade sourdough bread (I'm way too fond of carbohydrates), broccoli.

Carbs are my biggest weakness. I'm not adverse to a little chocolate as well!:cake: is another comfort!:drool::laugh:

I really do like to cook though and I have to try very hard to maintain my weight. Mid life is not fun.:bad:

The offering this evening will be slow cooked aromatic shoulder of pork in Hoisin sauce with stir fried vegetables.

(New recipe for me so hope it's good).

Don't forget I'm Irish. Growing up I never knew there were such things as pasta and rice!

Every meal came with bread and potatoes - it was a given! In fact, some meals were only bread and potatoes!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

here here... I am just thinking about my summers spent over there. I worked a hard, full day and came home three times during the day and had three full, natural meals!

wake, have toast and coffee, go out to the farm and start to pile peat or collect the dried peat, then go back and have coffee and fresh boiled eggs. Go back out, come in for stew and brown bread for lunch. Work several more hours, then go back and have a solid, solid dinner... beef, potatoes, carrots, leeks, peas, gravy... ahhhhh!

Don't forget I'm Irish.

Ditto. Well, mostly. The other part is English. (Every now and again I feel the need to kick my own ass for no apparent reason.)

Had Burger King tonight. Love them double stackers.

Don't forget I'm Irish. Growing up I never knew there were such things as pasta and rice!

Every meal came with bread and potatoes - it was a given! In fact, some meals were only bread and potatoes!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Irish and Hungarian--Carbs R Us. Also makes for a very maudlin drunk.

Ditto. Well, mostly. The other part is English. (Every now and again I feel the need to kick my own ass for no apparent reason.)

There are very many apparent reasons to do so.

I just had a turkey sandwich tonight and a skinny cow ice cream cone for dessert. I made cookies for JB, but I am not much of a baker...I cook much better than I bake.

The cookies were really good actually.

On the cookie topic, try the Nestle Toll House Brownie Cookies...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Geez, I'm getting pretty bruised up from the pushing down. Tell me again when the kissing part is supposed to start?

This would be an excellent time for me to develop some scruples...

On topic: lazy dinner. This skillet thing with ground beef and 3 kinds of beans in a spicy-sweet sauce. Leftover sourdough bread and salad. But I baked The Kds's birthday cake and did two loads of laundry at the same time.

This would be an excellent time for me to develop some scruples...

On topic: lazy dinner. This skillet thing with ground beef and 3 kinds of beans in a spicy-sweet sauce. Leftover sourdough bread and salad. But I baked The Kids's birthday cake and did two loads of laundry at the same time.

I hope you were paying attention. It would give new meaning to "a birthday cake made with Cheer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back