Callaway X-Hot Driver Review

Keyser, I was getting the best numbers with it last night out of three drivers and it was the easiest to keep straight as well. With a Fuji Fuel 50.

Drives me freaking crazy that I can't find a better driver.

I've been pondering a new driver as well but nothing is beating my X hot with Motore F3 shaft. Penetrating, accurate, forgiving. Great driver.

Keyser, I was getting the best numbers with it last night out of three drivers and it was the easiest to keep straight as well. With a Fuji Fuel 50.

Drives me freaking crazy that I can't find a better driver.

Don't fight it Hawk, just put it back in the bag. The x-hot has been a great driver for me too.

Yea I've got a few things coming that will get a chance, but I'm not above playing the same thing for a third year if it comes to it. Just seems so strange.

Yea I've got a few things coming that will get a chance, but I'm not above playing the same thing for a third year if it comes to it. Just seems so strange.
Can't argue with results, dude. Whatever kicks that club out of the bag should definitely earn it.

I have thought about getting a new driver for over a year, but there really is no reason to. With how crappy my swing is, this driver keeps me in the fairway more often than not. When I do put a good swing on it I am rewarded with great distance.

I will check out the new XR and G30, but doubt I will make a change anytime soon. I am in the same boat with my X2 Hot hybos, no reason to really look at anything else as the just flat out perform for me.

Same with me. The XHot just slays driver after driver (including a purchase that I made of one in your sig). This isn't a driver that I really like visually, but it is one that flat out performs.

It also has great sound and feel. While I know about CT/COR limitations, it feels like the ball comes off hot. I think it's the sound.

i really like my xhot. 10.5, stiff pro launch red shaft. consistent distance and forgiving. it is so nice i have added the xhot 3 wood, 3 and 4 hybrid. those clubs are at least as good a performer as the driver

Even off the deck it is good for about 230 with roll.. you guys have no love for the x2hot? i had mixed feelings with it until i put the prolaunch shaft into it and then I was loving the distance. I made a grip adjustment that allowed me to go back to the stiff tour blue shaft and there is no looking back now

I can't believe (before I got off my butt and did a driver fitting in 2013) I was still hitting a 9* Ping G10 with stiff ProLaunch Red I picked up back in 2008. The XHot was so much easier to hit - so for the foreseeable future it's in "cold dead hands" mode.

I had been meaning to try out and get an X2hot but "poof" they are already gone after a year. I think Xhot was a 2 year run?

I still have my X Hot 10.5* driver in my spear bag. I was reluctant to sell it on. If I can pick up a decent shaft, I might throw into it in for fun and give it an outing over the summer.

I have hit the X Hot a couple of times and liked it - the whole package just felt 'right' for me, even with the stock shaft in it and I may have to go and try to find one again to see if it still feels as good

I also tried the X2 Hot and X2 Hot Pro and preferred the feel of the Pro version with the Tour Green shaft in it

Might even try to find somewhere where I can hit both the X Hot and the X2 Hot Pro and see if they give me what I want as a slightly cheaper alternative to one of the newer drivers

Well good friend, we had ourselves quite a run. For years you were carried around with that makeshift callaway headcover and never complained.
Local rounds, gatherings and THP events, you have experienced it all.
But like most things in life...all good things must come to an end.

Something else has caught my eye. While deep down inside i wanted it to be a fluke, theres no denying ive had my hands on another driver.

She treats me right. So forgiving when i do something wrong and isnt afraid to go on the occasional trip to pound town. I tried to stop it but i find myself yearning for more.

So tomorrow while i head down to FL to pick her up you will be left behind for the first time ever.
I hope their are no hard feelings and maybe we can still be friends but its OVER and theres no chance we get back together.

Wow! The irony is I'm hitting the 10.5 X-Hot very well right now. Wonder if I cheat on her when I meet your girl in AL?

JM

Well good friend, we had ourselves quite a run. For years you were carried around with that makeshift callaway headcover and never complained.

Something else has caught my eye. While deep down inside i wanted it to be a fluke, theres no denying ive had my hands on another driver.

She treats me right. So forgiving when i do something wrong and isnt afraid to go on the occasional trip to pound town. I tried to stop it but i find myself yearning for more.

So tomorrow while i head down to FL to pick her up you will be left behind for the first time ever.
I hope their are no hard feelings and maybe we can still be friends but its OVER and theres no chance we get back together.

• [video=youtube;-w6m-nhUcos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6m-nhUcos[/video]

Hahahaha

Almost brought a tear to my eye Mike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Now.... When you say "all good things...."

Bye bye x hot!!!! Hello driver game.

So some have seen that I recently bagged the X-Hot (original) 3w and then went out and found the 5W and driver. Three wood has been remarkable recently and yesterday I found the potential this driver had for me. Extremely wet conditions, rain and no roll and I was still longer than I have been this winter.

Recently fell into into a funk with my tee game and needed a change to mix things up. This driver did it in spades. Love this thing right now and it is headed to #KickOffClassic as my gammer!

JM

Sorry to revive such an old thread but does anyone know if the Project X velocity shaft that came with the X Hot was counterbalanced ?

Sorry to revive such an old thread but does anyone know if the Project X velocity shaft that came with the X Hot was counterbalanced ?

I don't believe it was, can't find a link to confirm or refute this, but just going off of memory I am pretty sure it was a standard shaft.

I don't believe it was, can't find a link to confirm or refute this, but just going off of memory I am pretty sure it was a standard shaft.

Thanks

Back