Adams Golf Releases Speedline 9088 UL Driver

I happen to be one that isn't fond of this direction of going "lighter".

It definitely takes a swing with great tempo and the UL version is probably geared for slower SS's, but I could be wrong. I am a big fan of the Speedline series and loved my old Fast10. I definitely want to try the non UL version when it's released.

I happen to be one that isn't fond of this direction of going "lighter".
I'm with you.

Did they have to pin this club down to keep it from floating away while photographing it?

Its's getting hard to keep up with the new Adams releases! I was going to post that I had won a new Adams Ultralite G4 12* from a raffle here, but it seems that the G4 is already old news! I won't be able top pick it up till August, but I am wondering if the 9088 is a replacement to the G4 or if it's aimed at a different group? The look is certainly different.

3972154_3119868_200.jpg
vs.
speedline-9088ul-dvr-105_ksthumb.jpg

Anyone know what the launch/spin characteristics are on the matrix radix shaft in the 9088 ul?

I just hit it today and it is the best driver Adams has ever made. I am 51. I am a Teaching Pro. All of the clubs in my bag are Adams. I have hit every new generation Driver since the Insight model (a3os) that was released (I think) in '08. This Driver totally ROCKS!!!! Lightweight for sure but you can feel the clubhead throughout. I was absolutely smashing 'em with this thing!! High Launching Bomber!!! GREAT SHAFT!!!! Hit it!!- - -that's all I can say!!! There is no "be all" or "end all" driver on the market these days...I get that....but this thing is going in my bag!!!

I can't wait to hit this driver!! I kill the other speedline drivers. Only driver out there besides the Ping Raptures that I can outdrive my CGB Max!!!

I can't wait to hit this driver!! I kill the other speedline drivers. Only driver out there besides the Ping Raptures that I can outdrive my CGB Max!!!

I can vouch for this ^

But I'm excited to give this thing a swing too. I like a lighter driver, but I don't know about D0 lightness.

Technology nowadays. :glasses-nerdy:

Swing weight of D0 that's crazy stuff there!

Hit the 9088 UL at my fitting yesterday. It is a bomber, high and straight (for me at least)... Guess that explains why I ordered one! :D Only bummer is that I have to wait for it to get here.

This looks awseome...I am def. interested in a more "balanced" lightweight driver.

i already have my z-star driver at d0 swingweight and i am killing it.
so i am pretty sure i will like this too.

Saw one of these yesterday. Put a few practice swings on it and it just felt strange. I'm no advocate of lightweight clubs though.

i have a pretty smooth transition on the top so maybe thats why i don't have much problem with the light sw.
can anybody tell me if the face deepness of the ul9088 similar to the z-star or more towards the r11?

Looking for some input here. I hit a handful of shots with this driver at golfsmith (launch monitor) this morning. The 5 shots i took with it, 3 of which were right in my normal range of 260-275...Didn't feel like i really hit it on the screws. The other 2 drives said i hit about 295 carry and 320 total distance. Now I'm well aware the launch monitor readings should be taken with a grain of salt. So I hit the BSF 2.0 (I shoot a BSF for my current driver) And all hits were right around the 270 mark, which is what i get out of my BSF. My S.S. On the ultralite was about 110 on all shots and ball speed around 160. In all honesty I dont know if I would buy the driver, it did feel too light for me. But I'm just curious if i could have really gained 45 yards. Ball spin was quite a bit down compared to the BSF 2.0 also.

Yea I am really torn between this one and the F11. Anybody compared the 2?

KB,
Are you hanging out with OG too much? Look at the thread title.

haha now thats funny. I got excited thinking someone had some news about this driver.

KB,
Are you hanging out with OG too much? Look at the thread title.

Oh no! Please tell me I am not getting like OG! Sorry! Moved to appropriate thread. Haha

Back