Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

Interesting, at that price point these a definitely worth a spin.

ill def give these a go, for that price you cant go wrong!

Anybody else thinking this is Srixons version of Titleist's NXT? For that price tag thats my guess. I dont think it will be like the Z Star but Im def. giving it a try.

Here is a quick video that I wanted to put up showing these golf balls in hand.

[video=youtube;g-4u4-w60-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-4u4-w60-M[/video]

Looking forward to some on course thoughts from you, JB.

I'm surprised at the color of the yellow. I guess I was expecting them to be a bit brighter.

I'm surprised at the color of the yellow. I guess I was expecting them to be a bit brighter.

It could be the lighting KB. They are the same color as the Z-Star.

It could be the lighting KB. They are the same color as the Z-Star.

That's good. I really like playing the bright yellow balls. I'm looking forward to testing these balls against my preferred Trispeed ball. I hope they are as long off the tee. I suspect they are going to be much better around the greens.

JB or anyone else know about the coating on the yellow/orange balls? It could be my imagination but I seem to have noticed the colored balls don't get dirty as easily as white (and definitely never seen a grass stain on em) and tend to not knick up as easily.

Unlike the common yellow top flite range balls that are yellow and just appeared dyed on the cover, the Srixon's and Bridgestone's seem to have the color under a clear layer and while the ball seems to play the same for me as the white, it just doesn't get as "beat up" as the white. Placebo effect or if there anything different about them?

JB or anyone else know about the coating on the yellow/orange balls? It could be my imagination but I seem to have noticed the colored balls don't get dirty as easily as white (and definitely never seen a grass stain on em) and tend to not knick up as easily.

Unlike the common yellow top flite range balls that are yellow and just appeared dyed on the cover, the Srixon's and Bridgestone's seem to have the color under a clear layer and while the ball seems to play the same for me as the white, it just doesn't get as "beat up" as the white. Placebo effect or if there anything different about them?

Spoke to both Bridgestone and Srixon about this this year. It is more our imagination than anything else. It is just not as noticeable because the cover is the same as white for the most part.

Spoke to both Bridgestone and Srixon about this this year. It is more our imagination than anything else. It is just not as noticeable because the cover is the same as white for the most part.

Well reading between the lines I'm not the only one who thought that though at least :)

I am in love with the Pentas but I will try a box for $25. Never hurts to try them out and see how they perform!

i hope they arent like the nxts, i couldnt get them to check very well.. if these check half way decent ill game them.. hate spending over $40 for balls lol

New poster, but long time lurker.

My local shop is now selling these, I guess ahead of actual release date?

Got a box, and am taking them out for a round tomorrow morning.I'll probably go chip and putt with them this evening. I'll post back with a quick review if anyone is interested.

New poster, but long time lurker.

My local shop is now selling these, I guess ahead of actual release date?

Got a box, and am taking them out for a round tomorrow morning.I'll probably go chip and putt with them this evening. I'll post back with a quick review if anyone is interested.

Welcome to the forum! Please do post your findings; lots of interested forum members here!!

At this price point these are going to get a try. Mbole lets us know what you think.

I am really looking forward to these. I've never played with the Z-Stars before but I've heard they're good. I'm going to get a box of both and compare the two.

I am real interested in these as I love the Z-Stars in yellow , and with a great price point if they play as good !

I'm intrigued by these....they'll be involved in my revised ball fitting equation this month

Skimmed? hehe

They are scheduled to release on 8/8 nationally.

LOL. Only kinda. I was with it from the start, but when I just saw GG let me buy them today I was curious and didn't remember seeing a date :p

Will definitely be trying these when they hit the market. Love the yellow

Back