The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else sorely disappointed in the big "Free Agency Spectacular" show on NFL Network? They spent the entire show talking about Nnamdi and repeating the same lines over and over again and barely touched on anything else happening in the league. Giant buildup, no follow through. Kind of like the Cowboys. :)

Meanwhile the Jags sign away the Jets nickel corner and now have signed 4 new defensive starters and a starting o-lineman (and a punter) in a week. Add in the drafted players and that could be half of the defense replaced this offseason. Can't do any worse than last year, though, so that's a good thing. I'm happy enough.

Very true but what WR doesn't? It's in their nature

I agree. But some WR's will run the route and try to make an effort to be a decoy. He doesn't. As I said he used to be so good that teams would put up with it. He just isn't that good anymore. If my team needed a WR though I would be tempted. A motivating coach might be able to do wonders.

As horrible as the Jaguars' secondary has been, Moss did absolutely nothing against them. If the horrible Jags secondary is no longer afraid of Moss, nobody should be afraid of him (or be in a hurry to sign him).

Even Carter says Moss took plays off. Dude always thought he could give 75%. Back then he actually could. Now his 75% is crap which is why Belicheck dumped him. I think Moss can still play but he will have to change his attitude.

One year he did it. The year in New England and we saw him play a different game than others. He was that good. In Minn, it was known he never blocked and CC has been vocal about how good he could have been.

The dolphins have expressed some interest in Edwards. could be a smoke screen. The jests and fins better do something. NE has one scary looking offense

I thought Miami would be a fit, but Im not sure they have the cash for him and other needs. Although that changes if they move a few.

I agree. But some WR's will run the route and try to make an effort to be a decoy. He doesn't. As I said he used to be so good that teams would put up with it. He just isn't that good anymore. If my team needed a WR though I would be tempted. A motivating coach might be able to do wonders.

Agreed.

Favorite quote is from Troy Aikman. "With league rules the way they are, there is only one guy that would a shut down corner in today's league. And his first name is Prime and last name is Time"
I love that quote from Aikman, Deon used to "bait " quarterbacks into throwing his way...he would let the guy get about 3 or 4 steps on him and as soon as the ball was released he would swoop in and snag it and the show was on!

Im glad Football is back.... But pissed Nnamdi is gone! ready for week one just to see where everyone really stands... Raider Nation baby!

Nova Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 2.0 SF TP 9.5 S Shaft
Wood: Burner 2.0 SF 3Wood S Shaft
Hybrid: Burner SF 2.0 18° S Shaft
Irons: Burner 2.0 4-PW,AW
Wedge: xFT 56°, (VOKEY 60°)
Putter: Ghost TM-110 34"
Ball: Penta

Wow. The Eagles added Cullen Jenkins too. Not looking forward to watching them play the Redskins this season.

In past 48 hours, Eagles have added Cullen Jenkins, Nnamdi Asomugha, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Jason Babin, Vince Young and extra 2nd and 5th round picks. Pretty impressive.

In past 48 hours, Eagles have added Cullen Jenkins, Nnamdi Asomugha, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Jason Babin, Vince Young and extra 2nd and 5th round picks. Pretty impressive.

Nothing impressive about adding VY. Actually, if Vick gets hurt, which is highly likely, then they haven't added enough to compensate for VY at QB.

Nothing impressive about adding VY. Actually, if Vick gets hurt, which is highly likely, then they haven't added enough to compensate for VY at QB.

I disagree. As a backup QB he is certainly more than adequate. Cullen Jenkings is just another great signing. Did the Eagles rob a bank or something? Where are they getting this money plus paying the talent they already had? I was hoping CJ was going to Dallas.

I disagree. As a backup QB he is certainly more than adequate. Cullen Jenkings is just another great signing. Did the Eagles rob a bank or something? Where are they getting this money plus paying the talent they already had? I was hoping CJ was going to Dallas.

I think it is very split here. I think more GM's disagree than agree, because its not always about talent, but also doing things that backups need to do. But we shall see as he will see the field this year.

That's why my post didn't say adding VY was impressive, but rather all the moves they've made combined in the last 48 hrs was impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bears sign Marion Barber to a 2-year deal, I'm assuming he's the backup to Forte. I wonder if he'll steal short yardage and goal line carries from him. I still think the Bears need another WR besides bringing in Roy Williams.

Bears sign Marion Barber to a 2-year deal, I'm assuming he's the backup to Forte. I wonder if he'll steal short yardage and goal line carries from him. I still think the Bears need another WR besides bringing in Roy Williams.

They brought in another WR.

About time Reid has stepped it up

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

I think Taylor is gonna be gone. Coaches were high and Harvey Unga for the goaline short yardage stuff so who knows what they're doing. Bringing in RW and MB3 is odd. They're both washed up. We need an oline and another DT. Maybe another end to help JP. I don't expect much from Angelo and his bobble head.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

They brought in another WR.

Most assume Hurd is just for ST's but I think you're right about how he is gonna fit with Martz system. I'm actually excited about that. Earl Bennett is poised for a big year too. I don't.like Knox but he has some jets. Hester is dangerous in the right situations.

Most assume Hurd is just for ST's but I think you're right about how he is gonna fit with Martz system. I'm actually excited about that. Earl Bennett is poised for a big year too. I don't.like Knox but he has some jets. Hester is dangerous in the right situations.

He is not for ST only. He will be there catching and because of his out route running, he should fit a Martz system quite well.

He is not for ST only. He will be there catching and because of his out route running, he should fit a Martz system quite well.

I agree with ya and I hope Martz uses him. I just get this feeling Martz is gonna run this offense into the ground.

Hurd will have a semi breakout year this year. He will be starting by the end of the year. Boy the Bears are just loving the Cowboy rejects

Hurd will have a semi breakout year this year. He will be starting by the end of the year. Boy the Bears are just loving the Cowboy rejects

I wonder if they have a breakout year, people will question why Cowboys "decision" making on offense...hehe

Hahahaha. Yeah. Lovie loves him anything that smells of Texas.

I wonder if they have a breakout year, people will question why Cowboys "decision" making on offense...hehe

Never. Tony is a fantastic QB and Garrett is a great coach. I blame Wade!!

Sorry to see Jenkins leave Green Bay. Great guy and a solid player. If he wouldn't have been playing with a club on his hand last year he would have had four or five more sacks. If he stays healthy that's a good move by the Eagles.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back