I saw mikedean441 chip woth a wedge this past weekend. I couldn't believe it.

I'm with you; I embrace the chutt.
My preferred chutt is with a 7-iron, hands away from the body, toe of the club down.

Unfortunately, and I don't know how this is possible, I think I can generally put my chutt closer than my first putt. I wish that was a joke, but my putter has turned ice cold lately.

I'm sorry but a chutt is done with a putter... #Fail

I have become a bigger fan of the chutt. I cannot and will not do this out of a bunker, tho.

There are times when a chutt is just the best shot, and one should embrace that, when the situation dictates such a shot!!

Every time I do chutt, I think of MD441. Not kidding.

My 10 year old chutted a lot this weekend... and I'll tell you what, he made some good shots. Got the ball on the green and in decent position, save for one chutt where the rough was too thick and the ball only moved a few feet.

He'll learn, though.

literally spit my drink out watching that video, great work fellas.

Putting from the rough, all I can think about is the scene from Good Will Hunting.

Although I've been in tears laughing while skimming through this thread, I'm with Dan on chutting. My phone even didn't want me to type that word out, kept trying to autocorrect.

This is a shot I use all the time, and what keeps me a low handicap and a superb player of the game . The name of the shot made me think of a bodily function of some kind. Almost a feeling I get after eating a huge microwave burrito that they call "the bomb". After a few hours I really feel like chutting

not sure why : but that title is what chutting reminds me of

Putting from the rough, all I can think about is the scene from Good Will Hunting.

Although I've been in tears laughing while skimming through this thread, I'm with Dan on chutting. My phone even didn't want me to type that word out, kept trying to autocorrect.

Stay strong. It's good for all of us.

Boo ch*tting

I'm sorry but a chutt is done with a putter... #Fail
Darnit...
What's it called when you use a putting stroke with an iron?
I thought that was still considered a chutt???

Nope putter only

2015 was the last year i committed a chutt. I won't even consider it in 2016.

I respect that!!!

There was a prime chance for me to chutt while playing with the Cleveland THP crew a few weeks ago. I had about ten feet to the hole, and my ball was sitting up in the rough JUST off the fringe. Instead of grabbing putter, I pulled my wedge and flopped one that nearly went in the cup. Tap in par.

ch*tting. PFT. Gross.

I respect that!!!

There was a prime chance for me to chutt while playing with the Cleveland THP crew a few weeks ago. I had about ten feet to the hole, and my ball was sitting up in the rough JUST off the fringe. Instead of grabbing putter, I pulled my wedge and flopped one that nearly went in the cup. Tap in par.

ch*tting. PFT. Gross.

I would chutted it.

Darnit...
What's it called when you use a putting stroke with an iron?
I thought that was still considered a chutt???

Its a "chitt"

Putter from the rough???

nope-cat.jpg

My mate i golf with has does some Chutting lately and all i could think of was this thread. I even said to him he was doing a bit of Chutting, he looked at me strange haha.

Its a "chitt"
Well, I'm a chitter.
I think the pecking order is that chitters are seen as being one significant step above chutters. Not sure where I heard that, but pretty sure I've heard 'them' say that.

I tried chutting last round..... It works very well. It was downslope green, and my ball was located outside the putting green ; 4 feet from apron, or 12 feet from the pin. :thankyou:

Okay Dan, let's play a hypothetical to see just how strong you are in your anti-chutting convictions.

The USGA and the R&A will make one rule change. Free relief from fairway divots. The cost of this change is that you not only must embrace the chutt, but you must advocate for it.

Do you agree to the deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still don't understand the chutt. Give me a wedge every time heck sometimes I would rather have a wedge on the green to putt with

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"If you can't chip it, chutt it...." The rest of us won't judge...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back