Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver Review Thread

That's a good looking driver right there. Wow.

Callawesome.

e08e18a7589be3b3b22572432cca855d.jpg

LOVE the BLUE Cally!!!! :in-love:

The blue head is sweeeeet!

Wow that blue head looks really good paired with the white LZ shaft. Now all you need is a Red Grip.

Wow Jman that blue is beautiful! Is that a Udesign? Just something about that blue that is drawing me in...

LOVE the BLUE Cally!!!! :in-love:

That's a good looking driver right there. Wow.

The blue head is sweeeeet!

Wow that blue head looks really good paired with the white LZ shaft. Now all you need is a Red Grip.

Dude, that looks so SIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

Wow Jman that blue is beautiful! Is that a Udesign? Just something about that blue that is drawing me in...

She's a looker, and a better performer. Yeah, its a uDesign, its awesome because I get to play my beloved blue driver while keeping Callaway in the bag, so, effing, happy.

Move to the 10.5 head and core down, is a success. Spin was much better, and LA was also much more in range with where I want it.

Also, while the low spin deep faced XR Pro has been fun, I once again see why I love this driver so much, its so effing insanely good on misses that its borderline not fair.

I unleashed some serious hurtin' bombs today. Mick would be proud.
mic_display_image.jpg

How did you do this??? This would go perfectly with my team colors!

EDIT: Udesign nevermind...

I hit one ball today that didn't go where I wanted it to with Bertha today. I know the new releases will be great, but damn I'm not sure it will be taking the place of this driver any time soon. Even as I wore down toward the end of the round and missed high and low on the face, I was hitting bombs and putting myself in position to score. So much fun stepping up to a tee knowing you're going to just poke one out there.

What length are you all playing this at? I see many of these listed as 47.5" length on eBay. Is that considered standard length? I've been playing 45.5 TM and it can get unwieldy at times.

What length are you all playing this at? I see many of these listed as 47.5" length on eBay. Is that considered standard length? I've been playing 45.5 TM and it can get unwieldy at times.
Playing mine at 45. I believe stock is either 45.25 or 45.5.

I played my first full round with this driver on Sunday... Wow! I'm impressed! Distance wise, it is comparable to the R15, G30 LS Tech, Vapor Pro, 915 D3 and the Fly Z+ but the dispersion was so much better with the 815. I hit 5 of 7 FIR! Shortest drive was 260 ish and the longest was 325 (strong wind from the back).
I'm glad I went with the Speeder 665 in X. The shaft feels smooth.
I don't know why I waited this long to game this driver!

I play all my drivers at 46"

That blue looks fantastic Jman. I went back and forth on the blue and green for the uDesign and went ahead and ordered all green. Hopefully itll be shipping in a couple weeks. There is a 2-3 week back order it says.

Playing mine at 44.5" - stock is 46"

That blue looks fantastic Jman. I went back and forth on the blue and green for the uDesign and went ahead and ordered all green. Hopefully itll be shipping in a couple weeks. There is a 2-3 week back order it says.

Thanks dude, its rediculous outside on the course. I'm so damn happy/confident standing over the ball with it. I love me a blue driver.

This club makes me fall in love with it again and again. Sitting at 13.9 LA and 2900 spin with this 10.5 head, and I freaking love it (thats a lot less and lower than the 12 head was for me).

Picked up a 16* which will play as my 4 wood. I am stoked to hit this

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

After demoing this baby for a few rounds I just had to get one. The distance and forgiveness is outstanding. I gather up a bunch of old gear I wasn't using and traded it in at my local golf super store . Now the proud owner of a 9* reg. flex speeder. Very stoked over the new purchase. ohh baby.. gb

Gamed mine last nite in 5 man scramble (modifed). I was hitting nicely down the middle so I was the 1st player out of drives that we could use. A few more rounds like that and I should be able to 'go after it' when required.

I can't imagine a driver more forgiving than this haha i hit two today that sounded freaking ugly and probably should of went 200yrds max but sure enough they were both over 240. Just incredible and of course when nutted this is heaven in your hands. I could marry Bertha

I can't imagine a driver more forgiving than this haha i hit two today that sounded freaking ugly and probably should of went 200yrds max but sure enough they were both over 240. Just incredible and of course when nutted this is heaven in your hands. I could marry Bertha

Yep, this driver is bliss for me. And in blue now? Fuhgeddaboutit!

I do ponder the GBB though, could it oust this? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Yep, this driver is bliss for me. And in blue now? Fuhgeddaboutit!

I do ponder the GBB though, could it oust this? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
That blue sure is sexy man, no doubt about it! Definitely will be looking to swing the gbb. If Cally can improve the 815.........like you said good lord!!! I'll buy two incase anything EVER happened to it hahaha

I honestly do not know what more I could ask for in a driver. I freaking love this thing.

Looking fwd to practice round tonight after work, time to start 'going after it' to see what/where/why this baby has in store for me.

I hit Pete's 815 today and loved how it felt and it was like 20 yards further than my gamer. Paging CPO...

Back