Bounce - Overthink or Underthink?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Bounce is changing with new sole designs and more advancement in technology. Do you think you overthink it or underthink it?

I never gave it any thought, so I'd say I underthink

I think most people in general under think it. If you avoid it or don't know how to use it and just dig the leading edge it can't help you. Even when they put a huge trailing edge on a club it can't save you from steep AoA into the ground.

I don't give bounce a lot of thought.

I honestly dont even really know what exactly it means/does. So, I would say underthink.

underthink, really do not give it much thought.

Underthink. I dont notice much of a difference from high bounce to low bounce. IMO, its one of the more overrated things about wedges, 2nd only to custom sole grinds.

I think about it when I purchase new wedges, but don't think about it enough to effectively use it when playing.

always under thought it. Not so much anymore. The grinds confuse me more than bounce does nowadays.

I dont think about it much at all.

I most certainly under think it, when cleveland started their dot system at least I then had an idea about it, and through SCOR and Hopkins I got a bit more info on stuff, but I'm still way behind in terms of knowing how much bounce based on shot type, course, type of grass/sand and loft.

But in the end I always wonder, at my skill level, how concerned should I be with bounce???

I overthink it, particularly the idea of what bounce I need for what loft. In reality, as I have learned more recently, bounce is most definitely my friend.

I under think bounce.....especially considering we don't need a lot of bounce for my local course

I don't think too much about it, but I probably should. So I'll say under think. All of the wedge experts all talk about bounce though.

If "don't think" isn't an answer I will go underthink.

Can I think about just the right amount? I mean when I see a lie that requires a wedge I tend to take the bounce into thought. If a bunker is really hard and not much sand I will use less bounce and vice versa for really fluffy bunkers or lies.

I really don't think about it at all. All I know is I want my SW to have more bounce than my other other wedges.

My last set of wedges had bounce reccomendations by the only and only Ryan Hawk

I don't really think about it. So definitely under think.

i'm pretty sure I overthink it. I've traditionally played lower bounce given the turf conditions i play on most of the time. I am hoping my eyes can be opened in December on what the proper bounce i should be using.

Didn't really think about it before but more bounce has been a great surprise with my SW.

Historically, I have not thought enough about it. Trying to change that, a bit, by changing how I use wedges around the green - hoping to use the available bounce a little bit more to my advantage.

I did overthink it and tried a few different ones out and found that a mid bounce is most effective for my overall game so I roll with that without much more thought.

Underthink it.

Back