College Project - Golf Statistics - Economic Sustainability

Drew Z

Reaction score
Handicap
16.6 GHIN
Hello,

I am currently in a communications class with a project comparing two companies and how they handle economic sustainability. I decided to chose two golf companies since this is my passion and doing research on something I enjoy is much more fun.

In the project, I compare profits, cost savings, economic growth and R&D of two golf companies who are similar in size. I will explain how to companies address their economic sustainability by explaining their business models based off of research from the company and also my opinion/forum findings from what I've read here since I've joined. The project requires a mix of facts and personal opinion.

The question I have is I need a place to find some statistics. Ideally, if I can find a place that compares sales/profit numbers of golf companies, it would be very helpful. While it is easier to find information on publically traded companies such as Callaway, others who are not "on their own" are more difficult to research.

My game plan was to compare Callaway & another company (Taylormade or Titleist).

Let me know if anyone has any insight on where I can find some sales/profit numbers on golf specific companies.

Thanks in advance for your help/advice

I am sure JB would be the one to ask here... but I know Datatech publishes industry stats. I am not sure where that data is available though... I'd try a quick google search!

Sounds like a cool project though, I would be interested in seeing the final results. Good luck!

Golf Datatech is your answer for this information.
Keep in mind that the cost of their reports is quite high.

Thanks for the response, however the price tag is a bit hard to chew for a college project, but it was worth a shot.

Well you are paying for someone else's research :/ I would guess all the info they use to compile their reports is publicly available somewhere. You might try contacting them and describing the nature of your project. Perhaps they will cut you a break on the costs of their stuff out point you toward the sources of data relevant to your project. Worse thing they can say is no.

With both companies being publicly traded. The annual reports for each should be available. I have found them (for hotel companies) buried on their websites in the past.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back