Ernie Els Golf Apparel - THP Review

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Update
The review is now up on the home page. You can find it here.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/ernie-els-apparel-review/

In for review are three golf shirts from the new Ernie Els Golf Apparel Collection. I received two larges (red, green striped) and a medium (white striped). Really nice material, made to stretch and react to the golf swing which I like quite a bit. The size is quite relaxed, with room in the armpits that increases and you go higher in size. They aren't overly long, but I think the stretch material will accommodate that a bit to avoid untucking while playing.

THE ERNIE ELS COLLECTION
Luxury golfing garments made in the style of the ‘Big Easy’ are now available in a few selected regions, but we are only getting started and looking to grow!
ErnieClothingThe collection was launched in his home country, South Africa, and went into stores in early January 2013. Every single store presented with the product was immediately impressed and bought in, and the product sell-through has proven to be some of the best we have seen in any brand this year. There are now 50 stores in South Africa carrying the Ernie Els collection.
As an exceptionally proud South African, it was important for Ernie Els to have a South African-made collection that characterized his personal taste in quality and style. In a beautiful and diverse African country, with many challenges and opportunities alike, it has always been important for Ernie to be creating opportunity and giving back to the community that he grew up in and loves so fondly. These garments are currently all manufactured in South Africa, but plans are afoot to develop a global footprint over the next few years.

ABOUT THE RANGE
The range is built around soft colour pallets, a more conservative, distinguished look to the silhouette, and a luxurious feel with a slight sheen to the fabric comprise the first collections bearing his name.
Having built a successful golf course design business over the last decade and more, his “home bases”, The Els Clubs and the Ernie Els designed golf courses are a priority of Ernie’s. The Els Club at Copperleaf in Johannesburg and Oubaai in George were some of the first outlets to stock the product, followed closely by The Els Club Dubai and Anahita in Mauritius. In time we hope to have every golf course that Ernie has designed around the world featuring an Ernie Els corner showcasing his stable of brands.
As part of the global roll-out plan, Ernie has expressed specific interest in featuring the product lines at PGA Tour and USGA events as well as to his other corporate partners. We also intend to add distributors in several countries around the world as the next year goes on.

Photos

1201151206d-XL.jpg

1201151207b-XL.jpg

1201151207-XL.jpg

1201151206a-XL.jpg

1201151206c-XL.jpg

1201151206b-XL.jpg

1201151208-XL.jpg

1201151208e-XL.jpg

1201151208c-XL.jpg

1201151211-XL.jpg

1201151210-XL.jpg

1201151211a-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. Always like seeing a new player in the apparel market. The stretchiness is a big bonus IMO

I'm liking what I see from those shirts, Dan. I could see myself rocking some Els gear

I'm actually digging these quite a bit.

they look good! I like the style, and the logo is simple, looks like a winner i my book.

I will look around for them

These are virtually only available from a site called www.GolfProWears.com and they have a good story with money going to charity with every purchase.

Good looking shirt. Look forward to hearing more about the line and how these wear.

Horizontal stripes are not my friend. But the shirts look to be solid quality and look nice.

I like the styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the stamping on the buttons. The green/grey stripe combo works for me.

These look fantastic, love the colors! Will research and see if they are in my price point or not.

They look solid to me. On that site JB posted, $49 is a good price point for a quality shirt IMO, I will rarely pay that but I will never, ever pay $70-$90 that lots of shirts are now a days.

I do like the blue and grey one they have. Just missed the 30% off from yesterday though.

I like the style, the bars seem to remind me of Ashworth, but the colors are a nice touch!

Those look pretty nice. Looking forward to hearing more about them and the Els line.

I really like the styles

These look quite nice. Good write up Dan and thanks for for the info.

JM

Those look decent. Not bad designs and look well made.

I like the look and the quality looks good as well. I would get one, like hearing that the money goes to charity and I've been a fan of his for a while.

Cool designs. Those stripes ones stand out to me.

I am not a fan of the colors of the Ernie Collection, looked at the site and some pricey gear available. The GMAC stuff is just silly expensive, more my style but not my budget.

These are in my thoughts. Really looking forward to hearing more from Canadan on this line and read the review.

Wow how am I just finding these?!?! These look really good!

I am really liking the colors and designs

Back