Org. Apex irons vs 716 AP1

Alpha

Reaction score
Handicap
I really like my original apex (non pro) irons with recoil reg shaft but I've had them since they came out. Looking pretty used and always want new tech. Inside on L.M. I hit the new Apex the 716 AP1 and my old Apex 7 iron very very similar. Does anyone know how the AP1 716 compares to the org. Apex irons outside as far as being forgiving? 8.1 index Thanks

Out of the three, I prefer the new Apex by a pretty big margin, but all 3 are solid choices. Feel being completely subjective the new AP1 was not high on my list, where as the previous set I enjoyed more (714). All great sets and constructed quite different so sound and feel are going to be definitely unique when comparing each set. One featuring cup tech, one featuring a forging process and the other being more traditional in this sense.

I liked the old apex better than the ap1 and love the new apex cf 16 better than both.

Like JB said feel is subjective and for me the ap1 don't feel good. I have hit almost every new iron out this year and the results I get from the new apex beat them all out

Check out the new Cobra Forged TEC and Srixon Z 545 irons as well.

I game the original Apex. I personally didn't like the feel of the new AP1s. The Apex CF16 feels like a cross between the XR and XR Pro--if you like the cup face feel, you'll like the CF16. If you don't, you won't.

I'm a huge fan of the Cobras and Srixons as replacements, leaning more toward the Cobras. They feel just like my Apex, but with more forgiveness on the toe where I tend to miss.

Check out the new Cobra Forged TEC and Srixon Z 545 irons as well.

I game the original Apex. I personally didn't like the feel of the new AP1s. The Apex CF16 feels like a cross between the XR and XR Pro--if you like the cup face feel, you'll like the CF16. If you don't, you won't.

I'm a huge fan of the Cobras and Srixons as replacements, leaning more toward the Cobras. They feel just like my Apex, but with more forgiveness on the toe where I tend to miss.

That's a new one on me. Having gamed both of those sets for most of the year, these CF16's feel and sound nothing like those. But, to each his own.

On the OP, both really good irons. The new 716 AP1 sound/feel a lot better, but the Apex are still phenomenal.

Back