High Loft Wood vs Low Loft Hybrid

My game plan for 2016 : Driver, 5W and 5H , 5 to P, 54 and 58.

I rarely ever try and take my 3W off the deck. I haven't played a 5 wood in years. The 19 degree hybrid I have is money. If I have a second shot where I don't have the carry in my 19, I'll just lay up.

3W out of the box...that's another story. Sometimes I just leave the driver in the bag...

My game plan for 2016 : Driver, 5W and 5H , 5 to P, 54 and 58.
Check your gaps, I play a similar setup but with a 4h instead of 5h. You may want to go the same route.

My Ping G25 5w 18* / Fuji VC 8.2x is money...Ping head forgiveness, tight low launching 8.2 shaft. I hit it 235y, hit most greens...even a albatross this year. Off the tee its a good 240ish FW finder every time. Mark Crossfield did bag G25's at one point or still does. I have a draw swing so Hybrids are too risky for my bag. They are just a diff set up that I am not willing to become familiar with, when I can play a 3w & 5w with a similar setup/swing.

I was absolutely striping my FYbrid (19.5*) off the tee today. I'm also pretty confident with my Altitude 3H off the tee as well though. I guess I'm an either/or kind of guy. Sometimes one will feel more "right" to me than the other. Hoping to get to a point where they both feel good in my hands at all times.

Back