Modern Golf, Richmond BC - SkiBum's Fitting Experience

That's a neat set up. Are the shafts on the walls actually used in fitting?

Nice writeup Ryan! Sounds like other than lie angle and hybrids your current setup is extremely competitive.

I don't know what I've been waiting for...I should make an appointment there. I was going to last year but they don't carry W/S clubs.

Nice reading there Ryan, I guess you gotta like it when the cdn dollar tanks. Looks like you enjoyed the fitting

Nice write-up, looks like a cool place.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys!
Great recap Skibumgolfer. Loved the way they worked with you to get the most out of the custom PX shaft.
Definitely agree there. They are of course selling clubs, but they don't push anything on you, and if your current stuff can be made to work better they will pursue that as much as they can.
Nice writeup Ryan! Sounds like other than lie angle and hybrids your current setup is extremely competitive.

I don't know what I've been waiting for...I should make an appointment there. I was going to last year but they don't carry W/S clubs.
Yep, precisely! The hybrids were easily the biggest change, but I expected that given the J40's age. Definitely pondering some of the stuff they quoted, but the shafts are ultra premium so I may be waiting for a) the price to drop and b) trying out some alternative shaft options that may give similar numbers if possible.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Great review! I had tons of fun with my fitting earlier this year, confirmed a few things I was already thinking and actually helped out my swing a lot seeing the numbers. I was coming over the top more than I thought and seeing the numbers change in front of me with a few swing tweaks was awesome.

Great review. Really cool that your 3 wood was that impressive to them. The 850 forged and fantastic sticks can only imagine them with the recoils.

What felt smoother the i95 aerotechs or the 95 recoils.

Nice to see your dialed in.

Great review, SBG. Not shocked at all, have heard so many great things about Modern Golf. Really glad you had a great experience.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's a neat set up. Are the shafts on the walls actually used in fitting?
Sorry I missed this question. Yes they sure are. I think they have even more in the back though (which is also where they house the heads).

Great review. Really cool that your 3 wood was that impressive to them. The 850 forged and fantastic sticks can only imagine them with the recoils.

What felt smoother the i95 aerotechs or the 95 recoils.

Nice to see your dialed in.

I would say that they felt very, very similar, but the Recoils were just a touch more explosive for me - really felt like they were unloading on the ball. Both are very smooth shafts, significantly smoother than any steel shafts I've swung. Carbon iron shaft tech is real - if the cost was the same, I wouldn't even think about steel.

Back