RIP Meadowlark Lemon

I was just coming to report this Johnny, he entertained many generations with his basketball skills and comedic talents. He was a great one, RIP Meadowlark.

I also grew up being entertained by he and the other Globetrotters. RIP Meadowlark.

He was fun to watch. Sorry to hear this. Makes me feel old.

RIP Meadowlark, He was a fantastic basketball player/entertainer in his day

Saw this earlier this morning. Sad news and one i will always associate with the Globetrotters. RIP

Great entertainer. I saw the Globetrotters many times growing up and always enjoyed them. RIP Meadowlark.

RIP Meadowlark. Such a great entertainer and one of the reasons I watched the globetrotters growing up

RIP Meadowlark. Got to see the Globetrotters a few times growing and always had a blast watching them.

I went to at least 3 Globetrotter exhibitions as a kid. Those were always fun. Sad to hear of his passing.

I grew up watching this man lead the Globetrotters up and down the court. He will be missed and thank you for the years!!

Just read through the obit. I didn't realize he split with the Globetrotters in 1978. For me, Harlem Globetrotters = Meadowlark Lemon & Curly Neal. He was a great talent & brought joy to a whole lot of people. That's a pretty good legacy. RIP. You earned it.

I am fortunate to be old enough to have seen in person the Globetrotters of Meadowlark and Curly Neal many times. They were quite the entertaining show. RIP

That is crazy, I was just at the NBA hall of fame a couple of weeks ago and my cousin and I were talking about him and the rest of the Globe Trotters. RIP.

I was watching Scooby Doo with my son this weekend and they showed the Globetrotters episode with Meadowlark and Curly. I'm not old enough to have seen either play in person, but I can appreciate what they did for basketball.

Back