What Is The One Club You Are Replacing In 2016

the fairway wood spot is always open for change. the driver may be replaced but will be dependent on club clash and the testing on the range and course.

While I am sure many THPers have their bags set and others are replacing more than 1, when looking at your golf gear right now, what is the one item that you are sure (or pretty sure) you are looking to replace in 2016?
Driver. For sure. I'm not so much replacing my current one (since there isn't one in my bag) as I am finding one that actually works for me. Irons and wedges, I'm set. Freaking love my proto irons and the FG Tour TC wedges are awesome as well ... I do reserve the right to tinker with my putter setup though.

Driver for sure :)
Hybrid for sure

and yes smalls I know JB asked for the "one" club

not sure beyond that, might depend on what options are available when my Team win the Cup

Driver, probably within the next month or two.

Irons (not 1 club, but 1 club type anyways). That's where I saw and felt the biggest improvement from my fitting. Everything else is solid, at least until the grooves on my wedges are shot.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I am 100% comfortable with my bag, I am trying to conserve funds due to some big life events in 2016 as well.

If I were to replace anything though, I would replace my driver and get either the M1 or the Cobra King LTD/F6

As of now my bag is pretty solid. Only changes I may make is changing my wedge shafts to Nippon like my iron shafts, but I am used to the dg so that is up for debate. I would really like to change out my 4 iron J15cb for the j15df or j15dpf 4 iron but bs doesn't offer those in single clubs yet.

What Is The One Club You Are Replacing In 2016

My hybrids, maybe. I really like my Vrs, but they are not the most forgiving and kinda big. Had part I'd the loft-24* & 27*, unless I upgrade my irons (which I don't plan on doing cause I keep coming back to my old G10's although if I can find a good deal on speedblades or covert 2.0)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Possibly wedges. I say possibly because I've been messing around with different lofts and bounce angles and I still keep coming back to my MD2's, which makes me hesitant to replace them unless I can get to a decent fitting.

Possibly driver, but that has more to do with my swing than anything else.

Nothing but the putter is safe in my bag for next year. If I had to pick just one club it'd be the driver that's first to get replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3w. As much as I like my XR, I know there's some thing better either carry wise or forgiveness wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver is the only club I am looking to change as I am happy with everything else in the bag. If I find a 3/4/5 wood combo that I hit better than my current clubs then they may change but I am not actively looking to change those

My iron fitting this year really opened my eyes to how much of a difference a proper fitting can make which is why the driver is on the list for an upgrade

The 3W is getting swapped out for a 4W sooner than later.

Driver - I've never had a driver fitting and I think I'm leaving distance and accuracy on the table.

No replacing but I think I am going to put a 4 wood in the bag.

3h with a higher lofted FW.

Probably irons, mine are a little old and it's probably time to update.

I've already replaced everything north of the 7 iron. And while I know the thread is about one club, I already know my 7-PW and maybe GW are going to be XR irons in 2016. Putter and wedges are safe.

If I HAVE to pick ONE club, I will say my 7 iron!

I am betting the Mini 1.5 will be out of the bag by the end of 2016.

Last edited:
Not planning to change any club in my bag in 2016. I am planning on possibly changing my bag though.... and taking lessons. Basics first.

Driver for sure :)
Hybrid for sure

and yes smalls I know JB asked for the "one" club

not sure beyond that, might depend on what options are available when my Team win the Cup
Yeah, well, I kinda broke that rule too!

Full set of wedges. I'm happy with everything else.

I would like to upgrade my 4 hybrid at some point. Maybe with a X2hot if I can find one cheap

IF I make any changes to my setup, it will be 3 hybrid and a wedge (to get to an all Callaway setup). Unless I somehow find myself in San Diego come December, then I think everything will be replaced.

Back