WTH.....Golf is infuriating!

66Tiger

Golf > Work = :^)
Reaction score
Handicap
Beer&Soju
Just finished a round of 18. Two GIR holes in a row for par and then a double bogie?????? Forgot how to hit my driver and most irons. I can fly and fight combat helicopters and ride a 5' unicycle. What is with this golf thing anyway? :confused2:

Golf has sent me places emotionally I never imagined going and I didn't always schedule the trip lol.

I find the harder you try the harder it gets. Just play your best and let the score take care of it's self. By the way, spent 1964 in Korea.

I'm a firm believer in having a comfort zone when it comes to golf score wise, mine is high eighties to low nineties. If I manage to string together 3,4, sometimes even 5 pars in a row, it usually leads to several doubles or worse. I'm trying to get myself in those positions more often and hopefully push my comfort zone towards the lower 80's, maybe even 70's.

Welcome to the wonderful world of golf, it always leaves you pondering

My relationship with golf is like being stuck in an abusive
Relationship. Too scared to leave, too afraid to stay. I must subconsciously enjoy the abuse. Hit me again, do it, do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most definitely, working through some driver fairway wood issues right now... So frustrating.

My last round was birdie; par; double; double; triple; double; triple; double; birdie. WTF?!

Its golf.............

I've decided to quit the game... Twice this week! I'll be out there on the range again today... Hurts so good.

Golf is hard

Whips and chains, and golf excite me ...

I feel ya. some days I find it, some days I think I never knew what it even looked like. it's in there somewhere, though. you'll get it back!

I'm actually going through quite a rough patch and it certainly has the capacity to be rage inducing at times. The game doesn't owe us anything though and IMO, if you're able to shake off the bad rounds and shots, you mastered the art of self control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm actually going through quite a rough patch and it certainly has the capacity to be rage inducing at times. The game doesn't owe us anything though and IMO, if you're able to shake off the bad rounds and shots, you mastered the art of self control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely with you! I actually was quite pleased with a 97 the other day for the simple fact that I hit fairways and struck the ball extremely well. My aim was off I had some interesting 3rd shots from wacky lies but I know that is easily correctable so I enjoyed the round despite those missed opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm struggling right now and the range of emotions is massive. I'm blaming a slight swing tweak but I think its just some sort of unforced cold streak.

My last 4 rounds have been 86/89/95/86 and the four before that were 80/78/79/80.

Just need to get my driver swing ripping again and I'll be shooting low again.

I hear it man, I followed up an 85 2 weeks ago where I was driving well to last week I shot a hooktastic 96. And today I couldn't hit a 5 iron at all, which is usually a pretty good club for me.

Hey, if it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be so fulfilling when we shoot low!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I relate to everything you guys wrote. And here I thought it was just me.

Yes, I feel these emotions as well. I get so frustrated sometimes. it's nutty. Such a crazy game.

I have no real reason to think so, but I feel like its going to turn around for me this week.
I'm just so sick of sucking that I am going to will myself to play decent golf.

I'm struggling right now and the range of emotions is massive. I'm blaming a slight swing tweak but I think its just some sort of unforced cold streak.

My last 4 rounds have been 86/89/95/86.

Wow!, its amazing how relitive this game is to each indivdual. If those were my last 4 rounds I'd be celebrating :)

In other words, i wish i had those problems. But I do understand the dissapointment being its all relitive.

Just finished a round of 18. Two GIR holes in a row for par and then a double bogie?????? Forgot how to hit my driver and most irons. I can fly and fight combat helicopters and ride a 5' unicycle. What is with this golf thing anyway? :confused2:

Hahah, sounds about right. As beautiful as golf is, it can be the most frustrating thing on the planet. Especially during allergy season :)

The funny thing is how effortless good golf can feel, and how much utter drudgery bad golf can become.

Relax, sir. This isn't something you can just grit your teeth and power through.

It's golf ...it can frustrate you but you keep coming back for the good shots and more.

My wife is starting to play and at the range yesterday she got so mad so tossed her club. It was funny but I had to hold in the laughter. I tried to help coach her a little bit, but she wouldn't hear it lol. After getting her to calm down next thing I know she's hitting the best she has ever has. Straight shots with solid contact nice and crisp. She wanted to get another bucket lol.....

Last year I was fighting a slice, this year I am fighting a hook. I wonder what 2015 has in store for me.

Back