XR and GMax bionic gap wedge...

AndreaIT

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys, I own both set XR and Gmax 6-GW regular graphite shaft and experiencing some gap issue ..XR AW is 49 degree while GMax UW is 50.5 both very very long basically covering the same distance of a traditional PW. In reality I tend to use PW and AW like 10 iron and 11 iron for full swing only. My sand wedge loft is 54 (a blade wedge steel shaft not coming from the set) and I find quite a gap between those AWs and the sand wedge. Anyone else is experiencing the same? Would you add another traditional gap wedge between the set AW and the sand wedge (ie. 50 or 52 degree that may be also more versatile for pitching)? thanks and regards

What about something like a set sand wedge (G20, G25 G30, etc...) ???

Dave

It's going to depend on what you will primarily use it for. It sounds like a full swing distance gap is what you are looking to fill so I would recommend finding a set sand wedge to help close the gap

I have both the PW and AW in the XRs. I use a 58 for sand and like you found myself with a big gap. Added a 52* and seem to be able to handle the gaps better now. As we all know though just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for you but worth a shot.

It's going to depend on what you will primarily use it for. It sounds like a full swing distance gap is what you are looking to fill so I would recommend finding a set sand wedge to help close the gap

Agree, this is what I did (added the XR sand wedge) and my distance gap is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back