Driver With No Crown

I would without hesitation. ..making the bag...that's another story

PRGR has been successfully selling drivers and fairway woods with scooped out crowns for years. Before my Epon, I used a PRGR driving iron that was a hot item at the time so they're a legit Japanese company that's been around a long time.

Louisville makes an oversized (for wood) persimmon driver with a scooped out crown as well. it's called the "Thumper."

Perhaps something like the Hammer-X? I couldn't play this even if it did give me 50 yards more. (Well, maybe, if I believed it).

s-l500_zpssjxswbsk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

First thing that popped into my head. Lol I would game a driver with no crown if it was better.

Kinda like asking if I would date an ugly chick? Would I, maybe but if there are other options that are as good in the sack and better looking than it seems there would be no reason to.

Haha bingo! My answer as well!

Make a driver clear on top and I might actually like it better. The only thing that bothers me with clubs is irons. driver-hybrids no problem with out a crown.

I would give it a try. Nothing to lose but yards!!

Only if it goes long and straight EVERY time....!
If you're talking about something that looks like the PRGR Egg Spoon, I will give it a thought, actually.

My preference is that the from the top view be free of distractions - something dull and boring is fine, thank you very much.

If we're talking something hi bore like, that's fine. But if it's no crown and you have to see a bunch of welds, bracing, weight ports, etc, I'm likely to pass.

Meh I could play just about anything if it fit me.

I really like the EGG.....I need one.

Sure. I'd play that Hammer X or Egg if they worked for me.

Heck, look at the nonsense we game in putters. Futura X? Spider? Anything by CURE? They're the ugliest things on the end of a stick, but they work so people game them.

Assuming it conformed, I wouldn't have a problem trying it. If it prooved to be such a great fit for me that it performed significantly better than other options I'd likely play it regardless of looks. That said, I've read many times in here that with so many great options available, there is no reason to give up any performance or asthetics when you can have it all.

Back