XR Pro vs Apex CF, quick answer between the two!

Tysdad

Reaction score
Handicap
Played the XR Pros all of 2015, and really like them. I have resisted the Apex CFs so far, but did hit them today. They seem to be a little softer than my XR Pros and maybe 3 to 5 yards longer. I'm seriously thinking about trading but would love to hear from those who have played both. I'm a solid 5 handicap and decent ball striker who is always looking for a few extra yards :)

so keep the XR Pro or trade to Apex CF??!

thanks!

Played the XR Pros all of 2015, and really like them. I have resisted the Apex CFs so far, but did hit them today. They seem to be a little softer than my XR Pros and maybe 3 to 5 yards longer. I'm seriously thinking about trading but would love to hear from those who have played both. I'm a solid 5 handicap and decent ball striker who is always looking for a few extra yards :)

so keep the XR Pro or trade to Apex CF??!

thanks!

In my opinion, the CFs are better in every way. I played the XR Pros all of last year, and switched and am loving the CFs

In my opinion, the CFs are better in every way. I played the XR Pros all of last year, and switched and am loving the CFs

I only played the XR Pros for about a month. I enjoyed both, but agree with you that I find the CF's more forgiving, feel better and just as long.

The answer is CF16.

I just ordered my Apex CF16 (moving from original Apex) and while I considered going XR Pro so I could save a few hundred bucks, ended up just going Apex CF for the added forgiveness.

Need all the help I can get, so in the long run that money will pay off for me. But then again, I was going to buy new irons this year anyway, if I had the XR Pros, I would probably stick with them and wait a while unless the Apex CF16 is that big of an improvement for you.

Folks don't mean to derail this thread but I have a similar question

I game the taylormade speedblade irons (am 18 hcp) and have been pretty happy with those - long, forgiving, nice to the eye, sound ok... (stock graphite regular shaft)

I am contemplating an upgrade and while I appreciate a physical try out and fitting is suggested - it cannot happen as where I live the clubs are custom ordered with no trial / fitting opportunities.

I have to rely a lot on internet postings and feedback so if any of you can help on this (I understand it may not be the most scientific way to purchase clubs) - give me some idea if it would be wise to upgrade to CF16s - any thoughts on distance/forgiveness/ shape of club behind the ball vs my current speedblades - I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thats a tough one, but to me they are both solid irons, but very different irons. The CF16s look better and feel better to me, but that will be subjective to each person. Hard one, as I prefer the CF, but someone else might like the SpeedBlades.

I game the taylormade speedblade irons (am 18 hcp) and have been pretty happy with those - long, forgiving, nice to the eye, sound ok... (stock graphite regular shaft)

I am contemplating an upgrade and while I appreciate a physical try out and fitting is suggested - it cannot happen as where I live the clubs are custom ordered with no trial / fitting opportunities.

I have to rely a lot on internet postings and feedback so if any of you can help on this (I understand it may not be the most scientific way to purchase clubs) - give me some idea if it would be wise to upgrade to CF16s - any thoughts on distance/forgiveness/ shape of club behind the ball vs my current speedblades - I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!!

I'm about the same HC, actually closer to a 20 right now. I just picked up these after playing the D200's last year. So we are in a similar position. I have not had these on the course yet. But after a pretty lengthy range session yesterday, I can tell you, these are very forgiving and easy to hit. I can't go into giving you a distance comparison, as we were dealing with a 20 mph cross wind. But just about every shot launched high and realitively straight. Again, the wind was a factor there, some of my less than perfect strikes got caught in the wind and blew off line. But for the most part, they were just straight on.

I am still curious to see how they perform on course with real grass, as the width of the sole is quite smaller than the D200, and I would imagine the same goes for the Speedblades.

It is truly tough to buy an iron without trying them out. But unless you are one who just struggles constantly with iron shots, you should find these very playable.

Thank you!!

When I got fitted for mine I hit the Apex in a stock set up alongside stock versions of the JPX-850, Psi, Rsi2, and G30. The Apex was far and away the best for me, while I know feel and how much a person likes a club is very subjective. I have yet to hear from anyone who was really disappointed by them.

Just another thought, I got fitted into the Apex irons right before joining THP, but was very reassured by the number of people here(who i like to think put a lot of thought into their equipment decisions) who currently have the Apexs in their bag.

Back