Shaft options for TM Speedblade irons

Damon.H

Reaction score
Handicap
Guys I'm looking to replace the stock 85 gram regular flex iron shafts in my TM Speedblade set as I'm progressing with my golf, swing is getting up around 105mph with driver and have a fairly quick transition. I would like a slightly lower more penetrating flight though the real reason is shaft weight, I just can't feel these clubs well enough through out the swing. Of course a fitting would be best, but I haven't got access to equipment at the moment.

So what heavier option would compliment the Speedblade heads? KBS Tour 120? Modus 120? I would be trying stiff flex.

Recoil f5 would be around the same weight... around 86g and x stiff if I Remer correctly... otherwise the x in the recoil 110s may be more to your liking

Thanks rallo, looking for something heavier around 120g in steel with mid to high launch.

If feeling the head is the issue, I recommend adding some lead tape just to test it out and see if that helps as opposed to ripping the shafts out first. Up the swing weight and then see what the ball flight does for you.

As for a shaft change, DG Pros, close to your weight range and you'll get a flatter trajectory in the scoring irons to level out the flight like you want whole still keeping higher launch in the longer irons where us amateurs need it.

Back