Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a wifi iPad but I want a LTE tablet. Verizon has the Ellipsis 7 free right now, anyone use one?

I wouldn't commit to a 2 year data plan on a tablet to be honest. Better off buying a data equipped and doing a month to month or simply add tethering to your phone and you can use a wifi model.

need to get a laptop for college, my grandma wants to make it my graduation gift so it needs to be purchased pretty soon. needs to be below $650 probably, and obviously as much of everything as possible. I found what seems to be a pretty good one from Costco ( http://www.costco.com/Dell-Inspiron-15R-Laptop-|-AMD-A10.product.100120204.html ). anybody know if that's good or not? I like the 8gb RAM, love the 1tb hard drive, and the size is decent. not sure about the processor or the operating system though.

could anybody compare the one I listed above to this one? the only difference I can see is the processor, and the slight cost different, but if the more expensive one is better, i'll go for that one. I have to pay some of it anyway so I just want to get the best one..

http://www.costco.com/.product.1001...vc=itempageVerticalRight|CategorySiloedViewCP

I think I am going to go FrankenLemon for the s5. It's not really all that necessary, but the ability to go on a weekend trip and not even think about charging is awesome to me.

Just picked up a chromecast. ..love it....so easy even for an idiot like me

I need to use mine more than I do, great little device

Okay. Am I missing something? I have a Roku. I also have a Bluray. Both of these have Netflix, Amazon, HuluPlus and tons of other "channels". But, I wanted to be able to "cast" video from my mobile device to my TV. So, this past weekend, I bought a Chromecast, thinking I could go to USOpen.com on my laptop, start the live video, and then "cast" it to my TV. No such luck.

So, if I have a Roku, I really don't need a Chromecast, right, unless I start a movie/show from an approved "channel" and then want to move it from my device to my TV????

Works for me...via the chrome browser...did u use Chrome broswer?

Okay. Am I missing something? I have a Roku. I also have a Bluray. Both of these have Netflix, Amazon, HuluPlus and tons of other "channels". But, I wanted to be able to "cast" video from my mobile device to my TV. So, this past weekend, I bought a Chromecast, thinking I could go to USOpen.com on my laptop, start the live video, and then "cast" it to my TV. No such luck.

So, if I have a Roku, I really don't need a Chromecast, right, unless I start a movie/show from an approved "channel" and then want to move it from my device to my TV????

yeah, not exactly....
different apps are slowly being approved to be used with CC, and the best one IMO is still youtube.
like 441 said, you can just cast your Chrome browser....(or actually your entire desktop BETA), but that's not really meant for viewing video within the browser.

Works for me...via the chrome browser...did u use Chrome broswer?

I'll try that tonight. I was using the Chrome browser. But, I may have missed where the Cast button is for the entire browser.

I'll try that tonight. I was using the Chrome browser. But, I may have missed where the Cast button is for the entire browser.

Same wavy looking thing (like a crooked wifi signal) you'd see on Youtube if you wanted to cast just a video in the upper right hand corner of the browser where the setting button, etc is located. I find full browser casting is a little choppy vs just video for us.

I have a brand new Chromecast sitting here looking for a home.

Got my Zero Lemon 7500mAh battery... And it doesn't fit the phone. It's too long despite saying it's for a GS4. They are sending a replacement.

Liking what I see from the Amazon Fire phone so far.

Liking what I see from the Amazon Fire phone so far.

seems a little more high end than I thought it would be. Overall some good stuff so far.

seems a little more high end than I thought it would be. Overall some good stuff so far.

If this thing is unsubsidized at a 299.00 price point or lower I will be impressed.

If this thing is unsubsidized at a 299.00 price point or lower I will be impressed.

yup. Still waiting on price. Unlimited photo storage on Amazon Cloud is nice.

I was the first to say 3D was gimmicky, but this looks legitimately awesome.

I was the first to say 3D was gimmicky, but this looks legitimately awesome.

did you see the video of the guy who made it happen?

did you see the video of the guy who made it happen?

No, Im watching The Verge live feed. Better option for live feed?

No, Im watching The Verge live feed. Better option for live feed?

nah. I watched this one earlier today.

[video=youtube;Jd3-eiid-Uw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw[/video]

I was hoping for the same - nexus style pricing. But $199 for 32gb w a contract is pretty standard. Some of the features look cool, and the hardware looks great. Looking forward to reading some reviews.

I am in a bind. My wife and I need new phones, but we have unlimited data plans. It is going to suck to either get a new contract or pay full price for two new phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back