2014 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
now he's just showing off

Do work, Rory. Just lose that hat.

Hilarious.

Can I change my pic, Mclroy just manhandled it again today. Flat out impressive.

I kind of like the highlighter nike hats.

I find it strange that the guys on ESPN are questioning right now whether Tiger has it in him to win another major. I'm sure they are gonna make a big deal of his 77, and a bigger deal if he ends up missing the cut. I thought he had just started playing competitive golf again after coming back from back surgery! I guess I must have dreamt the whole thing!!!!
A question that occurred to me is how long Tiger would have before the "rust" question would be replaced by "will he ever be competitive in a major again?"

The answer apparently is four competitive rounds.

Also, British commentators now openly mocking the grey-shirted fellow chasing after Jordan Spieth's ball.

Again, Rors is on the course. And, again, ESPN is showing a live interview of Tiger instead.

Well done, ESPN.

rors at -11.... as much as I like my odds for that staff bag (me and the other 1287642365423786 thpers that picked him), I would like a few other players to try to catch up

If Tiger can tame his driver I think he's got a shot to at least get back into the mix. He'll go off early tomorrow, meaning he should miss the wind, whereas the leaderboard guys could be in rough conditions. The conditions should work to bunch things up.

Again, Rors is on the course. And, again, ESPN is showing a live interview of Tiger instead.

Well done, ESPN.

If they didn't, people would be ranting about not seeing an interview with Tiger after a massive meltdown on the course.

There might not be anything stopping Rory unless the weather does him in tomorrow or Sunday.

Rors = 2 fantastic rounds

What a fun round to watch from McIlroy today.

If Tiger can tame his driver I think he's got a shot to at least get back into the mix. He'll go off early tomorrow, meaning he should miss the wind, whereas the leaderboard guys could be in rough conditions. The conditions should work to bunch things up.

Tell that to the guys that went off early today and got the harder course.

Is the weather supposed to suck all day tomorrow, or just half of it?

I still think Rors has a 77 in him. He's relaxed now and thinks he's gotten by the Caroline Jinx so it might come tomorrow.

Joking aside, tremendously well played round. One more round like these first two and he wins even if the jinx hits another.

I have only 2 missing the cut this weekend, and I have the leader so far in fantasy golf, this could be a good week

"Thundery showers, with torrential downpours and hail are likely for some."

-BBC Weather

Yeah...good luck.

DJ had a -7 to day he is with in for 4 maybe he has a chance

"Thundery showers, with torrential downpours and hail are likely for some."

-BBC Weather

Yeah...good luck.

Open Championship is going to threesomes off of split tees for the first time EVER tomorrow because of the forecast. So much for some of the early guys going out and posting a number and then the leaders getting the bad weather, looks like it will be the same for everyone.

that stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back