PXG Rumored To Have Signed 5 in Top 50

I'm so out of touch with all of this. I read "PXG" and thought "project x golf....?"

That is what I thought it could maybe be as well. I don't know what PXG is. But whatever they are people not knowing would be a reason to get the name out there.

I say here today, gone tomorrow. I know his pockets are deep, but they still have a bottom.

Wow if DJ and Billy Ho signed with pgx that was some serious dough dropped on their side. To land both players is quite something along with others. It will be interesting to watch how this all plays out.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

If it is true, it definitely gets your brand out there.

Exposure, exposure, exposure.

I mean, what Horschel worth a year anyway? Ping doesnt pay all that well so I am guessing he MAY be able to get $2 Million a year. DJ is worth a bit more. You could assemble a top 5 roster for around $10 million a year.

That's about the price of 2 Super Bowl commercials. He is sitting on $2 Billion minimum. He could make his money back with a splashy presence.

I mean, what Horschel worth a year anyway? Ping doesnt pay all that well so I am guessing he MAY be able to get $2 Million a year. DJ is worth a bit more. You could assemble a top 5 roster for around $10 million a year.

That's about the price of 2 Super Bowl commercials. He is sitting on $2 Billion minimum. He could make his money back with a splashy presence.
Expanding to fast or having to many orders can actually be kind of a bad situation. From a cash flow perspective, but He seems like he could ride something like that out.

How come I feel like the PXG wouldn't be an ideal landing spot for a recovering drug addict

PXG will become similar to what Virgin Atlantic is. Flashy and alluring but very little people actually end up using it as a consumer. If they succeed at this push them they will give Titleist a run for the ultra elite exclusive brand to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see Ping staffers specifically jumping ship. With Mike Nicollete designing and PXG based just 10 miles from Karsten I could see Bob poaching quite a few from Ping.

Very good point about PING guys possibly going over to PXG. Also listened to a podcast with Horschel recently where he talked about how guys have to maximize their earning potential in a short amount of time, so moving over to PXG for more money than PING would give him wouldn't surprise me at all.

Do not underestimate what Bob Parsons' ego thinks is a good investment. He is a bit crazy, but he does things his way and has been pretty successful to date.
I would love to be a fly on the wall of his golf equipment company, just to see what he thinks he is creating.

It's like we say, more options is a good thing, so I'm glad to see someone willing to make a splash with a lot of money.

When are equipment contracts, is that typically something that runs January to December? When might a change in the WITB be seen?

Who gets blazed first if they struggle after this switch.

When are equipment contracts, is that typically something that runs January to December? When might a change in the WITB be seen?

In years past they ran until the end of the Calendar year before the season started right after the PGA Championship.

I think this is a great move by PXG if he has the cash flow to pull it off.
If these players have success and those bags/irons are visible Sunday after Sunday it will certainly get the name into the households of the average golf fan.

PXG Rumored To Have Signed 5 in Top 50

Dude has deep pockets and he's determined. They won't get "mainstream", in my opinion, as long as their irons are two-to-three times the cost of large OEMs. We'll know the name and brand, but it will be like Miura- might never see a set on a course in-person in your lifetime....
Well, unless you play with Kang...

Dude has deep pockets and he's determined. They won't get "mainstream", in my opinion, as long as their irons are two-to-three times the cost of large OEMs. We'll know the name and brand, but it will be like Miura- might never see a set on a course in-person in your lifetime....
Well, unless you play with Kang...

From what I have been told the cost of the clubs is because the amount of time and money spent in R&D. I was told they are spending more than a majority of the OEMs so the cost is being passed onto the consumer

This doesn't surprise me one bit if its true. Parsons brought in great club designers and asked them to build the best clubs that they could with pretty much an unlimited budget and no sales goals or price points to meet.

I guess I'm not following....other than the players making bank, who cares? I don't see this doing much for market share. Or am I in the dark and missing the major story line here?

From what I have been told the cost of the clubs is because the amount of time and money spent in R&D. I was told they are spending more than a majority of the OEMs so the cost is being passed onto the consumer

I read that somewhere too. That's great! I'd love to see some of the stuff they're doing, R&D wise

I guess I'm not following....other than the players making bank, who cares? I don't see this doing much for market share. Or am I in the dark and missing the major story line here?

I think there is a niche market for an upscale golf brand like PGX to succeed. There are 25 million golfers in the us and the top 10% of those golfers are pretty wealthy.

I see the success of upscale brands on the ski slopes all the time - mediocre skiers wearing a $3,500 Bogner outfit with a $2,500 pair of custom skis - the outfit and the skis are inferior to mainstream offerings but there will always be those who need to differentiate themselves from the prolerteriat.

Last edited:
Fascinating thread. He's not a top 50 player, but I saw Steph Curry had PXG irons in the bag at a recent pro-am as well. Interesting stuff. Not the price point I'm looking for, but would love to give them a hit.

Fascinating thread. He's not a top 50 player, but I saw Steph Curry had PXG irons in the bag at a recent pro-am as well. Interesting stuff. Not the price point I'm looking for, but would love to give them a hit.

I believe Cool Clubs has them

I would give these clubs a look, just like any other, but not at the price point they're at now (or any other club). Maybe if they were more mainstream, had more retail presence and dropped the sticker price.

If Parsons has the cash and the talk is more than rumours, it is a brilliant move. All PXG needs is some good exposure in some big tourneys and heck, what if one of them pulls of a win in a major? Worth. Every. Dollar. (Lots of ifs in that, but the guy is rollin' his own high-tech golf brand.)

Back