THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I know, MI might surprise us all and manage enough points to not be eliminated going into the second 18

Overconfidence can be a real bummer!

Got to play today, and I am going to be honest and say I sucked...
Driver.... Sucks!
Irons... Hey! Now I can add Toe Shanks into my list of misses...
Fairway woods... Hit or miss at best with more miss....

Wedges... Mostly solid, stuck a few close
Putter... Pretty happy with my roll today, made a couple longish putts, had good roll, distance control was pretty good.

Will be focusing on better contact.

Your short game was excellent and I mean excellent. Better than most low caps I play with and we were playing a very tough course.

Sure you may have invented a new shot we call the toe shimmy. But I thought when you had a short iron or wedge in your hand you were great and match play needs that.

Driver and anything longer than an 8 iron needed some help. The toe shimmy may kill someone that does not expect that toe happen.

Your short game was excellent and I mean excellent. Better than most low caps I play with and we were playing a very tough course.

Sure you may have invented a new shot we call the toe shimmy. But I thought when you had a short iron or wedge in your hand you were great and match play needs that.

Driver and anything longer than an 8 iron needed some help. The toe shimmy may kill someone that does not expect that toe happen.

Should I put this in the "All you Ever Wanted To Know About Golf, But Were Afraid To Ask" thread? Or can we get a description of said shot here?

Should I put this in the "All you Ever Wanted To Know About Golf, But Were Afraid To Ask" thread? Or can we get a description of said shot here?

Hitting it off the toe, as the path is heading right and the impact sends the ball looking like a shank, all the while Michigan Slice staring in disbelief as he smiles (as only MS can do) and says "Thats new".

Hitting it off the toe, as the path is heading right and the impact sends the ball looking like a shank, all the while Michigan Slice staring in disbelief as he smiles (as only MS can do) and says "Thats new".
hahaha he called me last night to tell me about it. He seemed pretty excited that he could discover this innovative miss

Don't forget the questioning constantly "how does one miss that far?" Or "what the hell is happening?" Or "why can't I hit a ball?"

All good times and solid questions IMO...
Yesterday was weird, my irons early on this year have been pretty solid.

Wait!
Can I blame the Bermuda?

No, I'll stick with blaming skill.
I had fun though! Always good to play with THP'ers!

Don't forget the questioning constantly "how does one miss that far?" Or "what the hell is happening?" Or "why can't I hit a ball?"

All good times and solid questions IMO...
Yesterday was weird, my irons early on this year have been pretty solid.

Wait!
Can I blame the Bermuda?

No, I'll stick with blaming skill.
I had fun though! Always good to play with THP'ers!

I was surprised to hear this because I've seen first hand the improvements you've made with your iron play. I say you chalk it up to being out of hibernation early and not used to the humidity in March lol

I was surprised to hear this because I've seen first hand the improvements you've made with your iron play. I say you chalk it up to being out of hibernation early and not used to the humidity in March lol

#Regression lol
I will be better in all aspects for the event than I was yesterday.

It'll be fun to watch the disbelief of #TeamOhHeyO wondering what the hell is happening!

Overconfidence can be a real bummer!

I don't think anyone on our side is being overconfident. Hell I think I'm the only one who has called an Ohio victory publicly and that makes sense if you know me haha right now I think both teams are just eager to get out in decent weather and put the work in on our games. We all know that it's going to be a tough grind

I don't think anyone on our side is being overconfident. Hell I think I'm the only one who has called an Ohio victory publicly and that makes sense if you know me haha right now I think both teams are just eager to get out in decent weather and put the work in on our games. We all know that it's going to be a tough grind

You got that right! I haven't played real golf outside in decent weather since Disney last year! I'm about ready to build an arc at this rate and sail down south, however on the plus side I now own lakefront property right in the city!

After hitting it hard over the winter. I have taken it easy the past couple of weeks. Because the weather has been so good I have been to play a ton of golf but time really working on the game has been sparse. Today it was time to get back work. Had a really good lesson tonight. The swing looked really good and the trackman numbers were good. A couple of small things to work on. Need to get hands a little deeper on the back swing to help deliver the club head a little more from the inside. Also need to work on releasing the club head a little better to pick a few more mph of club head speed.

All the preseason work has been done. Now it is full on grind mode until showing up at Boulder. The goal is to come into Regional Rivalry playing the best golf of my life and primed to help Team Ohio bring home Victory.

I'd be the perfect shamble or alt shot partner if I teed off first based on today's driver/wood performance

Only 68 days away! I need to play some golf!!

Once I am able to play, it'll be nice. Watch.

And I will apologize for getting injured in the first place.

Good news is we have the Masters Contest and of course The GRANDADDY contest to keep you going until then. :D

Looks like Sunday will not be completely awful for weather.. Would be nice to play and watch the Masters on Sunday!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like Sunday will not be completely awful for weather.. Would be nice to play and watch the Masters on Sunday!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There will be multiple RR members playing in Defiance Sunday.

Hoping to make it out for a round this Saturday, so if anyone is around the area hit me up! Time for this weather to break and let us get some RR prep in OUTSIDE!

I am officially handicapped at a 13.2 USGA index!

Weather is starting to break, have a round planned for Saturday. Cant wait! RR prep in full force.

Weather is starting to break, have a round planned for Saturday. Cant wait! RR prep in full force.

So I have to drive to Bay City to get to good golfable weather!!!

Weather looks COLD this weekend in NE Ohio. Maybe a sim round is in order.

Back