Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EagleOne

Team GoLo
Reaction score
Handicap
Beast Mode
(Poll Included)

My apologies if there are already threads on these two bags, I searched and could not find anything other than a couple of threads that touched on the SM.

If you have any experience with either bag, how has it been? My top priority is weight followed by features and ease of pulling clubs (or putting them away). The main purpose for this bag is travel but I will also use it to walk with since my Ogio Grom XX is quite heavy.

I was set on the SM but have recently read some very positive things about the Mizuno Aerolite.

Any advice or suggestions???

sun-mountain-2013-three-5-stand-bag.jpg
mizuno-golf-aerolite-029-stand-bag-charcoal-1-500x500.jpg

I love sun mountain bags.

I'd go SM. I don't if that Aerolite has the 14 club separator system, but if it does I've heard lots of complaints. Other than that, I've always been impressed with SM's quality.

I replaced a mizuno stand bag (the model prior to the aerolite) for a three five this spring, and I am pretty happy with it.

I LOVED my mizuno bag for a while, and it was light, solid and well made, but the three5 is lighter, has better pockets and better separators IMO

it would be unfair to compare a 5 year old bag to the 2013 model though, since technologies have evolved.

I do think you cant really go wrong with either, but seriously the SM looks way better

edit: I still miss that little velcro patch for the glov tho

I'm a firm believer in SM.

My vote is SM as well. I've had other bags and Sun Mountain has held up the best.

Got my 1st SM bag about a month ago and love it. It is much lighter than I expected. I am a fan and you can't go wrong.

A211087A-00DC-46A4-8FD3-C492605A8FBB_zpsc4b3uiwn.jpg

I've got a SM 3.5 Deluxe (has a couple more pockets and water bottle pocket) and it is excellent. I walk and carry almost exclusively so a bag that is light and durable like the SM bag is a must. No cons for this bag IMO.

Nate i love that color scheme

Well, that was pretty unanimous. Just ordered the three 5, same one in the OP. Thank you for the guidance!

I still have and game my 2012 Sun Mountain 3.5 and love it

I walk just about every round I play, and pack light (usually 4 golf balls, handful of tees, range finder, water bottle, a few power bars) and this bag has everything I need and then some

I saw a newer one like OP posted and can't stop thinking about getting one of those - that will def be my next purchase - I've owned a Ping 4 Series, Ogio, but the SM is the one I have kept the longest

The ONLY thing I wish SM and any of the other bags that fall into the light/super light category would do is incorporate a GPS sleeve like Wilson has on their Nexus - I'm being picky here but I would like easier access to my rangefinder while walking

Anyway - that was just my .02, congrats on the purchase and I hope you enjoy the SM as much as many of us have and still do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Aerolite. It's a nice bag but I don't love it. The divider is a pain to use and the legs don't open all the way by themselves. The Sun Mountain seems much nicer. My next bag would probably be the a Four 5.

SM 3.5 is a great bag. I have the 3.5 DLX from two years ago. I use it like a cart bag. I'm pushing 60 and if I walk, I am looking for the new 2.5 - when it arrives, for walking.

Having said that, the 3.5 is comfortable with great cushioning for the hip and shoulders. If you are going to keep it forever, I'd probably research some UV spray because bright colors will fade slightly over time in the sun.

Back