Thick or Thin - Short Game Miss?

My miss tends to be a chunk. I try to get to cute and decel on the way down.

Chunky monkey for me. Usually end up making to long of a back swing and try to compensate at the finish.

Fat, fat and more fat. Anytime I'm within 50 yards it's in the back of my mind that last time I was in this spot my divot rivaled the biggest beaver tail you've ever seen. I've been working hard on this and it's getting better but not consistent enough for my liking. My biggest reason for this is there are no Grass practice areas around, they are all carpet.

Fat for me, I decel with regularity but get away with it most of the time.

I've done both, but lately thin wedge shots seems to be the name of the game.

Both unfortunately :dohanim:

For me green side, thin is my miss. Tendency to come up and out of the shot trying to watch where it goes immediately causing a thin shot.

Thin to win

I'm equal opportunity. Probably more often a fat shot but I've been known to bust out a thin shot here and there.

Fat for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of my misses are fat

Fat but not often, I lift the heel of the club off of the ground so I don't hang it up much.

Both.

I keep thinking that, if I hit my skulls fat, it would end up OK. Nope, just as lousy a result.

Thin more often than fat.

I miss fat typically

I tend to be fat more than thin. trying to get that extra spin or finesse the shot to much always does me in.

Rarely thin, but a little on the fat side sometimes

Greenside, fat. Sometimes i think im trying to relax too much with it.

~Rock

Fatty fat fat

Will do both but on my misses I have to say that 70% are thin. I pick up trying to see if I hit the shot or not.

When I miss greenside it's 95% of the time chunky

It's a little bit of everything with me at times, Crazy how it sneaks in the bag .

Fat, Fat and Fat, decel is a huge problem for me when it creeps in to my short game and then my putting, it's something I focus on for sure.

Have been fortunate not to have many short game misses lately, but when the misses do occur, they typically err on the thick side and end of well sort of the intended final resting place.

Back