Thick or Thin - Short Game Miss?

Fat chip shots were the bane of my short game earlier this year. I've improved quite a bit, but that's still my miss.

Usually fat. Then thin because I just hit it fat and I'm an overcompensating douche.

I've had both misses on the same hole before. Chunk it and then blade it over the green. But my most common miss by a Longshot is thinned.

Always thin/bladed. Arm stiffens, shoulders stop, hands throw. Ugly. Almost yippy.

So we have all been there. Miss the green by a few yards and then instead of chipping it close, we are further away or in the same spot. What is your miss green side? Are you the person that decels a bit causing a fat one that leaves you barely on the green or the person that catches it thin from lifting up and watches it roll across and off the other side of the green?

I usually hit the first one fat, second one thin and three put for an 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now, for me, it's the short sided green that is giving me fits. I decelerate on my downswing and chunk it, hitting it fat. I lose faith in my swing and decel, causing that chunk.

Here's the problem... I know EXACTLY what I am doing. I know EXACTLY how to not do it. However, I keep hitting the fatties.

Right now, for me, it's the short sided green that is giving me fits. I decelerate on my downswing and chunk it, hitting it fat. I lose faith in my swing and decel, causing that chunk.

Here's the problem... I know EXACTLY what I am doing. I know EXACTLY how to not do it. However, I keep hitting the fatties.

Thinking too much again? How often are you doing that on your practice swings?

Thinking too much again? How often are you doing that on your practice swings?
You know my short game practice swing, you taught it to me. No thinking, a bunch of swings right in a row... back, forth, back, forth making sure my ground contact is perfect. Then...swing and CHUNK.

FAT. It's been a problem since I started this game and it drives me nuts when it happens.

Fat. So very fat. Very frustrating.

Mine has to be thick. Standing there thinking get it to the hole then decel and it only just makes the green. Slowly getting better after my lesson.

Definitely mostly thin for me. I tend to look up and see how great my shot is, and I watch as it goes right over the green

been know to ask people standing behind the pin to move....just in case I catch it a "little" thin and knee cap someone

My miss is fat, dreaded decel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

More thick than thin. After a fat shot, I try to remember to follow through on the next one and then I thin it. Gotta love golf!

I've done both here and there for sure, but most commonly I fat it and just barely get it onto the green, or worse, move it 6 inches haha

I'll decal, I tell myself to swing through but if there if its a tight pin or trouble on the back side of the pin I'll chunk it.

I usually end up missing on the fat side. I am confident in my low running chip shot and rarely thin that, but when I need a high shot, I usually miss fat and don't get the ball going anywhere.

I'd have to say thick...usually only happens when I am trying to get really cute with a shot.

My most common miss is thin.
Screamers from one side of the green to the other...
Yeah, those suck!

Greenside? Fat usually. Unless I'm trying to get tricky with a shot then its thin. So I guess the answer is Definitely.

Thin is the usual suspect, but the fat ones are the ones I get pissed about. It usually means I'm way out of wack!

I think thick more so than thin. And I think it's the worst looking shot when your near the green. Not getting out of a bunker is one thing but chunking a chip is the worst feeling

Back