HELPPPP!!! WILSON DF-Y'S OR Di9'S?? MUST DECIDE TODAY!!

jmandy1986

Reaction score
Handicap
I am between the D-FY's and the Di9's. I am leaning towards the FY's because I love having hybrid clubs in my bag, and also love the idea of these being game-improvement clubs. I am somewhat of a beginner to the game. As a younger (23), bigger (6'3/200) guy...I am not really concerned about my swing speed, which I know is a selling point for these clubs. I am worried that the graphite shafts might be too light for me, and I will speed my swing up too much.

But I love that these clubs offer the easy to hit club faces, and feel like they will help me improve my game quickly.

I recall you reading that you had some players test these out, and was wondering if you could provide a little insight as to their results.

At the moment, I have told my rep that I want to move forward with the D-FY's, but have until the afternoon to confirm.

Any chance you can provide a little help to a guy in need!!??

HUGE thanks!!

Jordan

Welcome to the forum Jordan

My advice is to try them both out before you make a decision.

I have not hit the Di9's, but I'm certain they are a solid set of clubs. Both are going to be forgiving, with the D-Fy being even more of an SGI club. I have hit the D-Fy's and they offer a very high and straight ball flight. Again, can't stress this enough. Try them both out and find out which is right for you. The D-Fy's are intended for a slow/medium swing speed and you want to make sure that you are included in that group before spending that kind of money.

Thanks for the response!

My issue is that there are very few retailers of Wilson clubs in the Chicago suburbs, and I won't be able to try the D-FY's before I must make a decision. I have a friend who is a rep at Wilson, and can get me the clubs at 'cost', which is around $200. So the price doesnt matter bc it is roughly the same, but I am worried about choosing the right one.

I went to my nearest store yesterday (still WAY out of my way, cant go again!!), and they only had the Di9's to swing. They felt good to me, hit the ball pretty well...but I like the idea of having the hybrid clubs in my bag, and the ease of use of the D-FY's. I was able to hold the D-FY's, get a little feel for the weight...but couldn't take one out and swing it.

I know it is risky to make the decision without hitting them, but I kinda have to decide today. With the price being relatively low, I thought the D-FY's would be a good decision bc they are an uber SGI club.

Since my friend can save me about 75% on these clubs if I go through him, I think i'd be crazy not to order through him today.

HELP!!!

I will just say that the Di9's are marketed as a very forgiving club as well. Maybe not as much as the D-Fy, but they are not too far away. You can always pick up a few hybrids if you want to replace the long irons. I guess that seems a bit less risky to me, since you tried them out and liked them. I understand your concern because the D-Fy's are a great set of clubs. I would be hesitant to get them without trying them first, even with a cheaper price.There is really no way to give you a good answer here if you haven't tried both, though. Sorry. Do you have to do this today? Why can't your rep wait for you to see if you can find some to demo?

This is the Ask the Pro section. Let's keep it clean until he has a chance to respond.

I think that hawk is right. You need to hit and be fit to clubs. Having said that getting that type of a deal you have little to nothing to loose. I would put in the order, and if they don't work you will have no trouble getting your money back out of the clubs.

Back