Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I should have clarified my post. I thought they were aimed at < 10 cappers. I'm glad that I've been corrected and that they're more playable than that. :)

Regardless, I'm still trying to get to the <18 category and am clearly a lower swing speed player, so they're not something that is going to work for me. They're just pretty sticks to be admired from a distance.

Try reaching out the their Customer Service department. I recently did so myself and they sent me a FW cover free of charge.

You must have spoken with someone different than I. I just spoke with "Connie," who was decidedly unhelpful. I asked if I could purchase one or if she could refer me to any outlet that might sell them and was rudely told they do not offer replacement head covers. I understand the policy, but was pretty put off with how that policy was communicated. Haven't run into that kind of thing with any other OEM I've dealt with. I guess I'll keep checking e bay.

You must have spoken with someone different than I. I just spoke with "Connie," who was decidedly unhelpful. I asked if I could purchase one or if she could refer me to any outlet that might sell them and was rudely told they do not offer replacement head covers. I understand the policy, but was pretty put off with how that policy was communicated. Haven't run into that kind of thing with any other OEM I've dealt with. I guess I'll keep checking e bay.
You could try tweeting Bridgestone to see if they have any ideas?

You could try tweeting Bridgestone to see if they have any ideas?

Thanks, I may do that. Maybe they've been giving away too many recently and are finally sick of everyone calling asking for another one lol. My only option at this point is a Tourstage HC for like $50 off e bay, but it'd probably annoy me since it's not a tourstage club. The hunt continues...

So I have taken the 3h out to the range twice now and for whatever reason, I am having trouble hitting this thing.... When I hit it good, the distance is perfect and the flight is nice but more often than not I am hitting this thing high. Granted I am having some swing issues lately so I can't get a spot on read of this thing so I will keep trying. Much different feel from the hybrids I have been gaming...

Wanted to give a quick update on my J40 3+ FW. It's become just about the most reliable club in my bag. It's my go-to off the tee when the driver is not the best option, and I've hit some of my best shots the last few rounds with it off the deck. I'm really interested to see how the new line of FWs compare to this one.

Wanted to give a quick update on my J40 3+ FW. It's become just about the most reliable club in my bag. It's my go-to off the tee when the driver is not the best option, and I've hit some of my best shots the last few rounds with it off the deck. I'm really interested to see how the new line of FWs compare to this one.
Its easy to go 3w off the tee when you hit it 280+ (assuming), but I can't agree more about these clubs being incredibly reliable. I live my 4w off the tee or off the deck.

I need to get the 3+ back out... It's going back in the bag for my next round.

Its easy to go 3w off the tee when you hit it 280+ (assuming), but I can't agree more about these clubs being incredibly reliable. I live my 4w off the tee or off the deck.

It has knocked my XCG Beta out of the bag, which I was not expecting--dispersion is so much tighter and I'm not getting a big miss right (I think the ahina is better fit for me than the Black Tie in the Beta) which I was getting with the Exotics. Took me a little bit to get used to hitting it off the deck, but now that I have a feel for it, it's as good as any other FW I've had.

Got out again this weekend. Only got to use these FWs a couple of times but they shined when I did.

First was the 5W on a sharp dogleg left par 4. Pushed my tee shot. Still in the fairway, but scoped at 214 to a front/center pin on a back to front sloped green. Choked up a touch and the 5W gave me a nice high draw that actually landed a couple yards past the pin and rolled out a bit. Was able to two put for par. Not pin hunting, but hitting a green from that distance for me is huge.

Second, a short par 4 (330-350 depending) that's more of a gentle dogleg right. Teed up on the left of the tee box and aimed down the right tree line with the 3+. Pushed it just a touch but cleared the pine trees and ended up in the right rough about 90 yards out. My buddy I was playing with took a more aggressive line with driver and came down in the trees... Jabbed at the birdie putt, but a great look nonetheless.

The 3h was easily my most reliable club this weekend, with the highlight being a 195 yard 3rd shot on a par 5 over water that I left myself after a crappy layup. Took a nice smooth swing and hit a towering shot that landed soft and settled about 15 ft or so from the pin, pin high.

I want the 4h, right now haha. If anybody has one that they aren't in love with (at the moment, I can't imagine it, but I suppose it's possible), let me know!

I was just scouring the web looking for an old, cheap, nice looking hybrid to try and stumbled on this one. I currently use use a 20* Adams a12 Pro, but want something a bit more forgiving. However, I do love the low trajectory it gives me.

Could anyone please comment on how the J40 stacks up to the current hybrid offerings? And could it be a good fit for a high swing speed (115 mph driver, 96 mph 6-iron) / high-launch player?

I was just scouring the web looking for an old, cheap, nice looking hybrid to try and stumbled on this one. I currently use use a 20* Adams a12 Pro, but want something a bit more forgiving. However, I do love the low trajectory it gives me.

Could anyone please comment on how the J40 stacks up to the current hybrid offerings? And could it be a good fit for a high swing speed (115 mph driver, 96 mph 6-iron) / high-launch player?

I'm not a hybrid guy, but I did play the J40 2 hybrid with the UST VTS black shaft in xflex. It gave me a nice, flat trajectory and was a nice option off the tee for me. I didn't hit it much from the fairway, but it was easy to elevate. FWIW, my driver SS is about the same as yours. I can't compare it to other models, as I have not hit others.

I went to my local shop today to see if they had any in used bins, and they had the 24* and 18* with the PX 5.0. Unfortunately not the 21* I wanted. I still hit them to get an idea of how they perform.

I'm looking for around 230 carry out of a 3 hybrid. The 24* was giving me 210-215, but was spinning very high (5000-5500). I guess part of that could be the shaft was way too weak.

I I see a 21* w/ 6.5 on the Bay for $30. Think I'm gonna go for it

Try as I might I still can't find something to unseat these hybrids from my bag. The sound, feel and flight are just awesome. They are not distance hybrids, but they are forgiving, elevate easily, and hit the distances I want. Absolutely the best hybrids I've played.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I went to my local shop today to see if they had any in used bins, and they had the 24* and 18* with the PX 5.0. Unfortunately not the 21* I wanted. I still hit them to get an idea of how they perform.

I'm looking for around 230 carry out of a 3 hybrid. The 24* was giving me 210-215, but was spinning very high (5000-5500). I guess part of that could be the shaft was way too weak.

I I see a 21* w/ 6.5 on the Bay for $30. Think I'm gonna go for it

$30 is not a big loss if it doesn't work out.

Anyone still playing these dinosaurs? Just grabbed a 4W that doesn’t look like it’s been hit at all. Good looking club, but pouring rain so today ain’t the day…

Might be a dinosaur... but, I’ll bet they still hit good. Great looking club.

The head is giant on this thing. 16*. Dropping 3W and 5W for a tweener.

Anyone still playing these dinosaurs? Just grabbed a 4W that doesn’t look like it’s been hit at all. Good looking club, but pouring rain so today ain’t the day…
I have a 3h in the bag right now.

Seeing this thread pop up and who started it 😥

I gave my J40 21 and 24 degree hybrids to my son. He hits them very well along with the J40 DPC irons.

Back