Cleveland Launcher DST Driver Trio

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Cleveland sent over a trio of drivers and here are a few unboxing pictures. They have the Launcher DST, the Launcher DST Tour, and the Launcher DST Draw.

723771339_sm22r-L-1.jpg

723771292_jkhsZ-L-1.jpg

723771245_eHVta-L-1.jpg

723771551_vbC5V-L-1.jpg

723771490_TXJmL-L-1.jpg

723771410_gQh56-L-1.jpg

723771609_mvLDC-L-1.jpg

723771695_GGr9q-L-1.jpg

723781672_TV4hL-L-1.jpg

• Admin
Forgot one picture. I still think they make the best driver headcovers out of all the major equipment companies.

723771774_W6wY8-L-2.jpg

That's a pretty lightweight shaft (47g) in the standard and draw models, even at almost 46". Do the Diamanas feel pretty whippy at that length and weight?

Last edited:
  • Admin
Surprisingly they do not. Picking up some of the really light shafted drivers out right now, there is a definite "whippy-ness" to them. But these do not really feel that way at all. I think it is partly because of the lighter headweight design, but overall, they feel extremely good. Just light. Looking forward to trying these out in full.

• Admin
Tomorrow these will get a fairly thorough initial testing.

Nice looking drivers. Love the headcover too. Despise TM's headcovers. Im curious what your initial thoughts are on these lighter drivers.

They look very very nice, that's for sure.

JB, whats the shaft length?

• Admin
Sorry I completely missed that. I blame this dumb little netbook.

Im using one too Kevin, I know what you mean.

I have the hardest time typing on this thing!

will they offer a tour 5 wood wiht diamana whiteboard

Here are some pictures out on the range of these beauties.

725062993_e8sEt-L-1.jpg

725062940_8VcGT-L-1.jpg

725062861_Mb8yb-L-1.jpg

725062802_kPdiw-L-1.jpg

Very nice pics! Whats that bright stuff? Looks like something we used to have out here called sun...

I did see these this morning at Dicks after asking if they had them. They had them in back and they are very nice looking, even more so in person. I wanted to pick up the draw version but they didnt have one.

Yeah, the sun is quite nice. It is about 55 in the mornings and gets to the mid 70s during the day right now.

The DST has what I think the Cobra was missing in the "super light" category and that is balance. After a few swings, you really forget about the weight and it has a great feel to it.

Traditional shape was nice to look down at as well, but I am not one that normally cares much about the shape of a driver as long as it works. I know some have issues with what the shape, and Cleveland left it very traditional.

The one thing we noticed with this driver is the great feel. Very similar in that aspect to the previous 09 Launcher, but that is pretty much where the similarities end. Much lighter and to me a slightly hotter face.

Testers will have this one in their hands tomorrow.

Great looking drivers.

These are being VERY well received by the testers.

Im not suprised one bit! This driver was very well received by me too! lol..I think the lighter side of drivers fits my swing!

Yeah, the sun is quite nice. It is about 55 in the mornings and gets to the mid 70s during the day right now.

The DST has what I think the Cobra was missing in the "super light" category and that is balance. After a few swings, you really forget about the weight and it has a great feel to it.

Traditional shape was nice to look down at as well, but I am not one that normally cares much about the shape of a driver as long as it works. I know some have issues with what the shape, and Cleveland left it very traditional.

The one thing we noticed with this driver is the great feel. Very similar in that aspect to the previous 09 Launcher, but that is pretty much where the similarities end. Much lighter and to me a slightly hotter face.

Testers will have this one in their hands tomorrow.

Words cannot express how jealous I am. We will not see temps in the 60s until April. To add injury to insult, between the arm in the sling now, and the other one scheduled for next month, I won't even be in a damn dome until February. I have no idea why I read these reviews, I guess I might have some degree of masochism.

For my first post on here, I just wanted to share my thoughts on the new DST driver. I just got my 460 DST today (9 degree stiff flex stock Diamana White) and I'm really impressed with the looks and feel of this driver. The head looks perfect for me from address (reminds me of the launcher comp) and sits dead square. The club overall just feels balanced. The only bad things is I won't be able to try it out for awhile since we have about 10 inches of snow outside. I'm anxious to read the review on here when it comes out.

Ryan

My only issue with this club was I felt that the toe of the club was too upright and the heel was conversely very low to the ground. I prefer to have the entire sole of the club level.

There was a 45 gram shaft in it and it was little too light for my liking.

The club gave me a mid to low trajectory and I got good amount of roll out of it as well which I liked.

My buddy that wanted to hit this club, thoroughly enjoyed the club and is thinking about purchasing it.

The goal was to get the total weight of the driver down is the reason for the light shafts. I wonder what those heads weigh, any idea? I played the 57g Redboard S in an L4V and it was a noodle, BUT the head also weighed 208g which is on the heavy side. Most 460cc heads weigh in right around 200g. D4 is a good swing weight for Me if you pay attention to those numbers. I don't much, but My DCT is a D4 and it works pretty well.

I wasn't really sure about the 44 gram shaft either, I'm sure that it's fine but I decided to get the 64 gram diamana white in mine. Now I just need all the snow to melt so I can hit it outside.

Back