2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 197 lbs. Have been bouncing between 194-197 for the last several weeks. Haven't really been exercising and eating habits have been just ok. Time to get motivated again. Going to see if I can find an inexpensive gym option for the winter. Weather here has been super rainy for 2 weeks. Keeping me from running and golfing, my primary workout options.

Do you have a Planet Fitness nearby? Good option on the cheap

Do you have a Planet Fitness nearby? Good option on the cheap
I think there is one about 15 minutes away. Going to try and find something closer first. Just need a low price, no contract option for the winter months. There are a couple of 24/7 places about 5 minutes away. Going to check them out first.

Monday morning weigh in. Was dreading today knowing what was going on Fri-Sun this last week. While not a huge drop, happy that I still lost .5 lbs.

As much as i like growing stuff in our garden, Costco is 5 minutes away with all the organic fruit/veggies i could ever want...

Costco is great for organic fruits and veggies. Unfortunately, I am the only person in the house who eats them so I end up throwing a ton of fruit away when I buy from there.
My garden will have simple things, some tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries and a ton of herbs. Everything else I will get at Publix or a little organic market near my house.

I think the wife and I want to give this weight loss things a try again, now that it's been about two months since our vegan stint back in August. We both kinda plateau'd weight wise, and need to try again. We've started eating off a meal plan (healthy recipes) my wife found online. Kinda like favorites but made healthier. Last night we had fried rice that was amazing... filled with lots of vegetables but tasted awesome. I can do this. 17 pounds is all....

I think the wife and I want to give this weight loss things a try again, now that it's been about two months since our vegan stint back in August. We both kinda plateau'd weight wise, and need to try again. We've started eating off a meal plan (healthy recipes) my wife found online. Kinda like favorites but made healthier. Last night we had fried rice that was amazing... filled with lots of vegetables but tasted awesome. I can do this. 17 pounds is all....

Are you working out pretty regularly as well?

Are you working out pretty regularly as well?
That's the problem. I was doing a bootcamp with people from work (2 days a week - 7 weeks) and it was working really well. I lost over 2 inches in my waist. That has ended though. We haven't had discussions on whether to continue or not. I have had gym memberships in the past and we also struggle to go when it's just the two of us. The bootcamp format (5:30am Tues/Thursday) really worked well and made for a great start to the day. The problem was it was a private class with just 7 of us, and none of us felt "out gunned" by people in better shape otherwise i'd just go to regular classes.

That's the problem. I was doing a bootcamp with people from work (2 days a week - 7 weeks) and it was working really well. I lost over 2 inches in my waist. That has ended though. We haven't had discussions on whether to continue or not. I have had gym memberships in the past and we also struggle to go when it's just the two of us. The bootcamp format (5:30am Tues/Thursday) really worked well and made for a great start to the day. The problem was it was a private class with just 7 of us, and none of us felt "out gunned" by people in better shape otherwise i'd just go to regular classes.

I think you need to get over the out gunned thing.. People at the gym don't care what you are doing, how much, how fast, etc. Everyone is there for one thing.. To get into shape.

I think you need to get over the out gunned thing.. People at the gym don't care what you are doing, how much, how fast, etc. Everyone is there for one thing.. To get into shape.
Fair point. one of the guys that was in my class (from work) joined the local gym and is going to check out the class offerings. If it works out, i might just join up for the $10/mo

Fair point. one of the guys that was in my class (from work) joined the local gym and is going to check out the class offerings. If it works out, i might just join up for the $10/mo

For 10 a month that is a no brainer IMO. I think if you get into it, you will really enjoy it.

Costco is great for organic fruits and veggies. Unfortunately, I am the only person in the house who eats them so I end up throwing a ton of fruit away when I buy from there.
My garden will have simple things, some tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries and a ton of herbs. Everything else I will get at Publix or a little organic market near my house.

Putting JB on blast? :alien:

3 more days until an official weigh in. Curiously I did step on a scale this morning. Wow was I happy. Hopefully it stays there or drops even more prior to Monday morning. If so we are crossing the 10+ loss category.

3 more days until an official weigh in. Curiously I did step on a scale this morning. Wow was I happy. Hopefully it stays there or drops even more prior to Monday morning. If so we are crossing the 10+ loss category.
You got this. The 10+ loss category will be entered with ferocity.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Now that the doctors have figured out what's wrong with me (Rocky Mountain spotted fever) and I've been on the meds for a few days, I'm ready to get back into the gym again.

My weight has creeped up to 180ish and I always feel best at 165 or so, so that's the goal. I won't be able to go balls out like I was before, but I'll be happy to be back in there.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Have not checked in for awhile but still have been working the healthy eating habits. am getting great results still, 2-3 pounds a week!

Hit the scale this morning at 253 lbs, that is 147 pounds lost since March 5th, looking good to be at 250 by Thanksgiving and 240 by Christmas!

Have not checked in for awhile but still have been working the healthy eating habits. am getting great results still, 2-3 pounds a week!

Hit the scale this morning at 253 lbs, that is 147 pounds lost since March 5th, looking good to be at 250 by Thanksgiving and 240 by Christmas!

Thats impressive Mike. Congrats on the success and no doubt you will get to 240 by Christmas

Stepped on the scale this morning and it was 198... It feel good to see sub 200 again

Stepped on the scale this morning and it was 198... It feel good to see sub 200 again
That is awesome mike, congrats on that

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

You got this. The 10+ loss category will be entered with ferocity.

Monday morning weigh in. Busted through that 10 lbs mark. Now lost over 11. If I can lose another 5-7 before grandaddy I'd be thrilled. Certainly happy with the results so far.

Monday morning weigh in. Busted through that 10 lbs mark. Now lost over 11. If I can lose another 5-7 before grandaddy I'd be thrilled. Certainly happy with the results so far.

Great job Dean!
You must still be out of ice cream sandwiches...

Awesome dude. So glad its working for you. Come PGA Show time, we will be lean and mean.

Awesome. I remember when I busted through that and the 20lb mark last year, such a good feeling.

Nice.

1st day back in the gym and it was chest and triceps. I took it semi-easy today but I'm still feeling it. Felt good to have the energy to be in there again.

1st day back in the gym and it was chest and triceps. I took it semi-easy today but I'm still feeling it. Felt good to have the energy to be in there again.

What drugs do they have you on? Corticosteroids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back