The Bryson Dechambeau Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could not have entered the Masters as a pro, since he only qualified under amateur qualification rules.

If he had Monday qualified for a normal Tour event as an amateur, he could choose to play as either.
Not 100% sure but I believe you are wrong on this. Monday qualifiers have different costs to enter and you have to declare when you enter. Something like non PGA pros pay $400, Ams are around $200 and players with some sort of PGA status are usually free. Maybe you can change it after you qualify but I didn't think you can. I could be wrong about that though.

Unless you are talking about an AM getting his entry to the Monday qualifying by entering pre Monday qualifying. Maybe then you can change your status before you tee off in the actual Monday qualifier.

This guy is growing on me. I think I was wrong and this dude is going to win a lot of tournaments.

I agree with you on this. I thought he was just going to be a goofy mad scientist that wouldn't make it but he seems to have real game.

This guy is the anti-bubba.

No surprise what so ever but it is being reported he has apparel and club deal with cobra/puma. Cobra irons will be in bag next week.

Just watched the espn piece on him...im a fan

I can say I am impressed with how he hung in there until that 18th tee which I don't hold against him but shows nerves on final tees might get to him if he is in contention come sunday

I was impressed to, but what impressed him the most is how he handled it in his presser afterwards, you could see it was upset, but he sent the time and even looked like he enjoyed the interview.

No surprise what so ever but it is being reported he has apparel and club deal with cobra/puma. Cobra irons will be in bag next week.
Does he have the new Cobra wedges in the bag already? Thought I saw that reported somewhere.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So, just watched the piece on Bryson on the Golf Channel, I knew most of it already and I'm a fan. Love how outside the box he is in his approach, I think he'll be great for the game and prove to a lot of people that you can go about playing golf in different ways.

How long before the Cobra single length iron set comes out now? They have to eventually, right?

Does he have the new Cobra wedges in the bag already? Thought I saw that reported somewhere.

not sure about the wedges, but I read he has cobra irons

not sure about the wedges, but I read he has cobra irons
Don't think he's playing those yet. Still using the Edel irons.

THP will have full news on all of his signings as soon as they are official. We have met in person with all of the companies involved and they are excited about having him turn professional and him choosing their brands

GC just reported he had a Cobra driver, 3W, and wedges in the bag now and he'll have the irons next week.

Not 100% sure but I believe you are wrong on this. Monday qualifiers have different costs to enter and you have to declare when you enter. Something like non PGA pros pay $400, Ams are around $200 and players with some sort of PGA status are usually free. Maybe you can change it after you qualify but I didn't think you can. I could be wrong about that though.

Unless you are talking about an AM getting his entry to the Monday qualifying by entering pre Monday qualifying. Maybe then you can change your status before you tee off in the actual Monday qualifier.

It is 450 to Monday qualify as an am on the Web.com. Usually the less status you have the cost goes up.

Just watched the espn piece on him...im a fan

Piece on The Golf Channel was really good as well. Not sure I buy the whole single club length, but give him credit for doing it his way.

THP will have full news on all of his signings as soon as they are official. We have met in person with all of the companies involved and they are excited about having him turn professional and him choosing their brands
Thought it might be something like this the way you were talking about it earlier, very cool.

Interesting that he removed the sliding weight from his Cobra Driver and is playing it at a super-low B-9 swingweight.

(That's the lowest swingweight I have ever heard of).

He also had to use a super-heavy oversize grip to get the swingweight down so low.

Very odd, but somehow it works for him

It was amazing to me see hear and see how much time and work went into making all of his clubs to hjs exact specifications. I know all players clubs are built to how they want but the amount of drilling and filling to get the weights right must be a long process haha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

my favorite part of his round yesterday was when he was walking off 18. he just sh1t the bed, and had to have been royally pissed inside. but he was smiling and making a couple jokes with his fellow competitors as they were walking off the green. i don't think he sees this week as just a great experience that he wants to soak in. i think he seriously wants to win, and thinks he can win. that belief coupled with his talent should make for a very successful career. whoever signed this kid made a great decision.

So, just watched the piece on Bryson on the Golf Channel, I knew most of it already and I'm a fan. Love how outside the box he is in his approach, I think he'll be great for the game and prove to a lot of people that you can go about playing golf in different ways.

How long before the Cobra single length iron set comes out now? They have to eventually, right?

If they can make them work, I hope it's soon.

I really want to try this stuff but I know it'll never happen. I like the kid though

The best part of 18, is when he didn't know the exact rules, and how vocal he was with asking questions. That shows someone that is not just in the moment, but thinking ahead.

This impressed me the most as well. Awesome thought process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Young guy is playing well. I like his game a lot. Love the way he swings a club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So any guesses as to who he signs with for equipment and apparel on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back