I would love to see a golf ball shootout between...

BrianW

Reaction score
Handicap
Being a high handicapper I would love to see a big golf ball shootout between Bridgestone Extrasoft, Top Flite Gamer Soft, Titleist Trusoft, Callaway Supersoft, Taylor Made Aeroburner Soft, Volvik Crystal, Srixon Softfeel, Snell Get Sum, Maxfli Softfli, Wilson Duo and Wilson 50. I have been using Callaway Supersofts for the last two years after playing the Bridgestone E6 for the previous four years. Just curious what people that are more consistant than myself think. Anybody else curious?

Being a high handicapper I would love to see a big golf ball shootout between Bridgestone Extrasoft, Top Flite Gamer Soft, Titleist Trusoft, Callaway Supersoft, Taylor Made Aeroburner Soft, Volvik Crystal, Srixon Softfeel, Snell Get Sum, Maxfli Softfli, Wilson Duo and Wilson 50. I have been using Callaway Supersofts for the last two years after playing the Bridgestone E6 for the previous four years. Just curious what people that are more consistant than myself think. Anybody else curious?

You best bet IMO would be to take the balls you want to compare to a B-fit event in your area this year and see which one works best for you.

what would you be looking for when it comes to the shootout?

I routinely play the Duo and I'll also buy the 50 Elite's when I want yellow and can't find the Duo in high-vis orange or yellow. They're both good balls, but the Duo plays a bit longer for me in the winter.

I too, have a slower swing speed (87-95) and have been gaming low compression balls....to date I have tried Maxfli Softli, Snell Get Sum, Titleist DT Trusoft, 3Up 2S14, Wilson Duo & Wilson Duo Spin. Of these I like theSoftli(2 doz/$25) & Get Sum(3 doz/$45) the best. Both tend to be a bit longer off the driver and chip well around the greens. My buddy plays the Wilson 50 Elite (1 doz/$13) and he is a 6 Handicap!

Anybody else been comparing Low compression balls?

I too, have a slower swing speed (87-95) and have been gaming low compression balls....to date I have tried Maxfli Softli, Snell Get Sum, Titleist DT Trusoft, 3Up 2S14, Wilson Duo & Wilson Duo Spin. Of these I like theSoftli(2 doz/$25) & Get Sum(3 doz/$45) the best. Both tend to be a bit longer off the driver and chip well around the greens. My buddy plays the Wilson 50 Elite (1 doz/$13) and he is a 6 Handicap!

Have you tried the Supersoft yet ?

Callaway's new Superhot 55's would probably work well for you, too.

All of the time.
If you make it out to a THP Event or Local Get Together, you can even test them right on the FlightScope.

Have you tried the Supersoft yet ?

I found one a couple months back and played it for about 1/2 round before I lost it.....@ 1 doz/$22 I can do better with the Softfli and Get Sum.

I found one a couple months back and played it for about 1/2 round before I lost it.....@ 1 doz/$22 I can do better with the Softfli and Get Sum.
Don't think you can go wrong with the SoftFli's. I have a couple dozen and would probably play them more often if they came in yellow.

I love the softfli,

I have played the Duo and the SuperSoft but right now at 3 DOZEN for 30 of the Softfli you can't beat that deal.

I only wish they came in Yellow

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

not really a shootout per say, but look at the new post put up on facebook by snell golf

Gamersoft

Gamersoft

I love the softfli,

I have played the Duo and the SuperSoft but right now at 3 DOZEN for 30 of the Softfli you can't beat that deal.

I only wish they came in Yellow

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Too bad the gamersoft doesn't come in yellow, they made it in blue, what were they thinking

id like to see a shootout between a brand new prov-1 and one that has been found on the course and looks a little weathered... curious to see if siting out in the elements changes the performance...

The soft balls that seem to work best for me in a round of golf are the Srixon Soft Feel, Maxfli Distance, and most recently Wilson Staff Duo Soft

I get my balls at lostgolfballs.com and the Callaway SS are 33 dollars for a bucket of 48. These are AAAAA quality. I also game the Srixon QStar (non tour 77 Compression) and like the feel of these as well.

Back