loose fitting glove and sweaty bare hand cause any swing trouble

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
The other day the wheels came of a bit on the back 9. It wasn't my worst but just nothing nearly as good as the front. I had switched gloves at the turn due to the first one being sweat soaked. It was so very hot and humid out there. My left (bare) hand also could not keep that dry as well.

The dry glove I put on was a bit stretched out and also combined with a sweaty right hand I just felt like I had little grip and lets just say the results were reflecting it.

Do you ever wear a lose fitting glove and does it affect your grip and other than trying to keep whipping your bare hand how else can you keep it dry. Especially while using hands to push a cart. I keep a golf towel in my back pocket all the time. My hands sweat even on dryer days let alone humid days so I am always reaching for that hanging towel on my back pocket after my practice swing and before my address grip of the club. As well as constantly all day long.

As for the glove hand it doesn't help much to keep taking it on and off and actually with a sweaty glove hand kind of makes it hard. I also putt with my glove on too.

I don't know, just throwing this out there. Two things here. a lose fitting glove regardless of wet or dry affecting your swing? And a sweaty bare hand also affecting it?

If you want to keep your hands dry try this stuff called No Sweat, I bought it at the PGA superstore and could honestly say that and my Yeti cup were the best things I bought for golf all year long.

8 gloves rotated between each shot. That's my solution. My Cary looks ridiculous when I'm playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switch between a couple gloves while playing but I replace my gloves all the time.

I would use 2 to 3 gloves a round and during my last 2 rounds I only used one glove each with No Sweat

http://nosweatforsports.com

Get a rosin bag. Works just as good on a golf course as it does a pitching mound.

I haven't had any issues with a slightly larger glove and sweating affect the grip. I wipe my non glove had when it starts getting sweaty. I also take my glove off after every shot and will put it in my back pocket or either hang on cart steering wheel or the post. If walking it goes in back pocket. If it's a real hot day I will switch between two gloves every couple holes.

I love it when my hands are sweaty and my glove doesn't fit. Was never a fan of being able to hold onto my club.

I've hit a tonne of balls over the last couple years, and never used a glove (save for one tee shot where I committed to trying it out; it wasn't much of a committment).

Never had callouses.

I took 2 weeks off from swinging the clubs, changed my grip when I got back and got the biggest callous. Bit the bullet and bought a glove.

I've worn it for a week, and there's almost a hole in it already.

Do people where gloves simply to protect from callouses, or are there other benefits too?

I've hit a tonne of balls over the last couple years, and never used a glove (save for one tee shot where I committed to trying it out; it wasn't much of a committment).

Never had callouses.

I took 2 weeks off from swinging the clubs, changed my grip when I got back and got the biggest callous. Bit the bullet and bought a glove.

Do people where gloves simply to protect from callouses, or are there other benefits too?

i like it for grip and callouses. If you're wearing a hole after a week your grip is probably too tight. I used to have that issue. Now I play 2-3 times a week and I usually get about a month out of one. It wears quicker in the summer due to getting wet from sweat and drying.

Never had callouses.

unless you got a bad glove they should be lasting Wayyy longer than a week. I go through about a glove a month and that's playing once or twice on the weekend and 45 min range sessions every week.

i like it for grip and callouses. If you're wearing a hole after a week your grip is probably too tight. I used to have that issue. Now I play 2-3 times a week and I usually get about a month out of one. It wears quicker in the summer due to getting wet from sweat and drying.

Yep. I used to have to wear a glove on my right hand too just to keep from bleeding by the end of the round. Simply put I was gripping way too tightly.

I figured this out a couple of months back after years of playing. My distance is up 20 yards, and I'm still trying to adjust. It's amazing what not being tense will do. The best analogy that I heard for the proper grip pressure is trying to hold a baby bird in your hand. You want it not to fly away, but don't want to hurt it.

If you are sweaty or play in a hot and humid area, you may want to look at different grips. The Lamkin UTX are awesome.

Wet hands, loose grips and the inability to grip will definitely impact the score.

Sometimes when it's really hot and humid I'll just wear a rain glove instead of a normal glove

Back