What Club Brand are You Most Reluctant to Use or Try?

Nope, takes no effort to pull something off the rack and give it a whirl on the monitor or the practice green. I might not buy it, but trying new things is fun.

I cant lie Wilson is one that I am very reluctant. Now they are starting to change that with what I am seeing however I just have a stigma around them for some reason.

Taylormade and Ping. Never been a fan of Ping's clubs and I gotta admit that Bubba Watson doesnt help .. :)

I'll try just about anything. Will I buy just about anything? Probably not.

I'll admit to having some brands that I just don't gravitate towards, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't give them a shot if I saw them on the rack.

Of the well known OEM's, can't say there's one I wouldn't try. Might be some I gravitate to, but none I wouldn't try.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Anything advertised as JDM. It's the golf equivalent of Hipster.

I think by now I've hit enough Nike gear and simply gotten inferior numbers from it that I usually just omit their stuff when I'm trying out new clubs. Until they make a pretty dramatic departure from their current style, I'm at the point where I'll save my swings for clubs I like better.

Did they come with infinity scarves and a turntable for your vinyl collection?

:alien:
Explain vinyl? Can I get that through Prime. I don't want to leave the house.

Did they come with infinity scarves and a turntable for your vinyl collection?

:alien:

I also have a vinyl collection 300 strong and a turntable I was literally just using.

Dammit.

Honestly, I'll try anything. Sometimes the prices will give me pause for some new releases from Mizuno, Titleist, and especially Miura and now PXG, but it won't stop me from trying them.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I grew up playing titleist drivers from the 975d on for 10 years. However since then I've played with way too many titleist only homers, vokey Cameron and all, that couldn't break 80 on their best day. Ruined my perception of the brand, as unfair as that is.

I also have a vinyl collection 300 strong and a turntable I was literally just using.

Dammit.

I was literally just trying out new (used) turntables at a record store near my house. Still undecided on what one I'm going to get.

Also, what does JDM even mean? (Seriously, I don't know...Do I have to hand in my THP card?)

Not trying to avoid but some just don't please my aesthetics enough to make me try in my limited time in a equipment shop.

Like the new Tour Edge Exotic weird abomination of zebra stripper tassle clubs in which they call "slipstream sole"

I should learn my lesson with this topic. Until yesterday it was mizuno. Just didn't appeal to me. After trying a set may actually buy some. Unbelievable feel and accuracy for me. Last year it was Nike. I should just try everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting responses here

I don't think there is a single brand I've ever been reluctant to try or play.

Tour Exotics. Lack of advertising and lack of tour use gives me the impression of an inferior model. I am sure they are great clubs as I see THPers gaming them, but not for me.

I will try anything now. I have always had a weird aversion to titleist because I see them as clubs for better players for some reason.
I also had a thing against mizuno but that changed after hitting the jpx850s at a golfsmith.
Moral of the story. Their is a lot of good equipment, so I need to try everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was literally just trying out new (used) turntables at a record store near my house. Still undecided on what one I'm going to get.

Also, what does JDM even mean? (Seriously, I don't know...Do I have to hand in my THP card?)

Japanese Direct Market? Not sure if that's the correct definition but it's gear made for distribution in Japan that won't be released here that is sold on sites like Rakuten.

I'd play any brands, but I'm definitely most hesitant/reluctant with Titleist and Callaway, as they seem to have the most blind loyalists online which makes it very difficult to believe 3rd party feedback. that being said I've had Vokey wedges for a long time and still bag a XR 5 wood, so I'm not "anti" those brands.

PXG because I'm not that wealthy. Maybe if I win the powerball tonight.

Ping. I dont know why but have not touched Ping equipment yet.

Back