THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

My plan is to prep for the event similar to how I did my last one. Practice during lunch and early weekend rounds. League match play every week and a few lessons. But share the journey with the forum in the appropriate (or new) threads. Try to keep up on social media. Golf my ball in June, and when the ball rolls into the cup on the final hole walk away with no regrets.

We WILL be getting together this spring and playing quite a few rounds together

Fun story; Was playing a Sunday round with CJ in Las Vegas at this event called the Bridgestone Championship a few years back. He started off not so great, and gave it a ho hum effort for a few holes. Finally, we told him to get his sh*t together and play some golf. He got motivated, and he played some effing golf. He has game, he just needs to bolster his confidence and DO WORK.

I can second that. He will be ready. I know CJ well and RR is going to drive him like no other.

Okay so here is my question and I think it serves well. I think for the community, these THP Regional Rivalries, and our sponsors.

Now that the teams are set how do you proceed to represent these events knowing that a MVP spot is on the line. TrueTemper is opening their doors for a lucky person from each of the three regional rivalries. You know the requirements to be named MVP...so what do you focus on???

For me it won't be focusing on any one point but all of them. My biggest things are improving my gave and making sure I am active on the forum. The rest will kind of find its way in there. Those are the two big ones for me though.

Okay, because apparently people have skipped a lot in this thread, didnt follow other Team event threads, etc. I will explain.

If you have an 18 and a 10.
And you have a 4 and a 12

Thats 28 and 16. Then divide by 2 for 9 holes. Thats 14 and 8. Then lets say its alternate shot. Thats 6 to 3.
So all of the sudden, if an 18 is playing a 4 and assuming he is getting 1-1.5 every hole, you are actually getting a pop on 3 holes.

9 holes changes things.
Formats change things.

Instead of anybody worrying about pops on the card, trust me, we have it covered and every match is fair. It will come down to the captains maximizing their players, golfers playing the best to their ability, and people not having regular and traveling handicaps (whatever the hell those are).

So there you have it. I hope that clears everything up.

That just hurt my head - math sucks. All I want to know is who my partner is, when our tee time is and who we are playing with. From there let the fun ensue.

That just hurt my head - math sucks. All I want to know is who my partner is, when our tee time is and who we are playing with. From there let the fun ensue.
I'll dumb it down for you..

You will get 0 strokes, ever.

:alien:

I would rather talk matchups than how much snow everyone has

Only 2" but there's an ice layer on top that is concerning...

Haha all he was saying is don't count on pops. Ohio has mid and high caps too. CJ won't be getting a stroke a hole against everyone. Jesus

You're right. The way he negotiates strokes he may get two a hole! :alien:

I hate giving/getting strokes.

Unless I'm getting them.

A necessary evil my friend. I usually let people decide how many strokes they want to get (or give I suppose).

Or I bet them long term and let them buy their way out of strokes hahahaha

A necessary evil my friend. I usually let people decide how many strokes they want to get (or give I suppose).

Or I bet them long term and let them buy their way out of strokes hahahaha
LMAO.

I'll play you straight up any day of the week, sir. As long as I get 4 strokes a side.

Fun story; Was playing a Sunday round with CJ in Las Vegas at this event called the Bridgestone Championship a few years back. He started off not so great, and gave it a ho hum effort for a few holes. Finally, we told him to get his sh*t together and play some golf. He got motivated, and he played some effing golf. He has game, he just needs to bolster his confidence and DO WORK.
I remember playing in IL with CJ and someone (who shall remain nameless, unless they feel like admitting) hit him with a divot before he tee'd off on a par 3. Stuck it close.

CJ can play - I think he needs to be motivated!!! Regional Rivalry should be more than enough motivation.

Okay so here is my question and I think it serves well. I think for the community, these THP Regional Rivalries, and our sponsors.

Now that the teams are set how do you proceed to represent these events knowing that a MVP spot is on the line. TrueTemper is opening their doors for a lucky person from each of the three regional rivalries. You know the requirements to be named MVP...so what do you focus on???
If I don't win MVP, I'm going to do my best to get one of my partners in. Set him up real nice so he can score low

Specialty shots:... Anyone working on a particular shot to propel their team to victory? I have been working on 3/4 low cuts and low draws to stay out of or recover from trouble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Specialty shots:... Anyone working on a particular shot to propel their team to victory? I have been working on 3/4 low cuts and low draws to stay out of or recover from trouble.

No special shot practice here. There's just something about hitting those shots into screen, I don't care for. Right now it's just full swings. Once I can get to the practice area at the course, the short game practice will start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I have developed quite the mastery of those type of shots the last couple years. On this course though to be honest if you're in trouble those kind of shots aren't going to save you on many holes. I will be working on the elusive straight ball, and the corresponding wedge shots from varying distances and trajectories.

Ha! I have developed quite the mastery of those type of shots the last couple years. On this course though to be honest if you're in trouble those kind of shots aren't going to save you on many holes. I will be working on the elusive straight ball, and the corresponding wedge shots from varying distances and trajectories.

Nah, it wouldn't be fair to long and straight... So just keep putting them in the trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and your partner will be in the fairway all day so dont sweat it. Kidding aside, those are great shots to have in the arsenal. I'm personally much better at the low draw than the low cut. The low cut is one I should work on as well. Especially when my home course probably has the most trees in the state. Need the low punch shots bigtime.

Currently I am not working on any type of shot due to weather. I am getting a few swings in here and there at the local golf stores and doing some office putting.

I attend a birthday party last night and miss all of the shenanigans! This is just unacceptable

I attend a birthday party last night and miss all of the shenanigans! This is just unacceptable

Can't sleep on this thread it will pass you by in a hurry.

Back