Nike Athletes Talk VR Pro Combo Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

this is actually the next set of clubs that will be in my bag :)

mmm, pro combos! I love these irons.

I want Francesco Molinari's voice. He sounds like a player.

They sure sound great. They look good too.

• Admin
Very few things get me to ponder equipment. But watching everybody enjoying these irons at the THP Demo Day last week makes me think hard about them again. Looking at this set next to me and it is just taunting me before my round at the Ocean Course tomorrow.

I like the Pro Combo's a ton, but for my game the Pro Cavity is where it's at. I wish there was more video info on Pro Cavity's...I swear you search "youtube" and it's very limited. I'm actively searching for Nike Demo days in my area so I can try before I buy.

Very few things get me to ponder equipment. But watching everybody enjoying these irons at the THP Demo Day last week makes me think hard about them again. Looking at this set next to me and it is just taunting me before my round at the Ocean Course tomorrow.

Take them dude. I swear, the only con for me is the traditional lofts, but you and I both know that can be easily altered. All I hit was the 6 iron, which imo is probably the toughest iron out of the set to hit and it was really, really surprising. In fact, you saw me hitting it anyway. I love how easy they are to flight lower, that's really handy in Florida.

I'd love to spend some time with the scoring irons myself.

• Admin
I like the Pro Combo's a ton, but for my game the Pro Cavity is where it's at. I wish there was more video info on Pro Cavity's...I swear you search "youtube" and it's very limited. I'm actively searching for Nike Demo days in my area so I can try before I buy.

There is quite a bit of information on THP. There are multiple threads as well as the recent THP Demo Day thread for Nike that has a ton of information.

Take them dude. I swear, the only con for me is the traditional lofts, but you and I both know that can be easily altered. All I hit was the 6 iron, which imo is probably the toughest iron out of the set to hit and it was really, really surprising. In fact, you saw me hitting it anyway. I love how easy they are to flight lower, that's really handy in Florida.

I'd love to spend some time with the scoring irons myself.

I need the confidence and the distance at the Ocean Course, but they are tempting. Stupid Nike and their beautiful irons and awesome marketing....hehe

I need the confidence and the distance at the Ocean Course, but they are tempting. Stupid Nike and their beautiful irons and awesome marketing....hehe

I totally understand the dilemma, but I'd love for you to spend some time with the pro combos and report back.

It's official. no more searching "youtube" or "google"...just found exactly what I've always needed. Proper information from REAL people (not saying pros are not real or am I?)!!!

Thanks JB!! I found the Nike Demo thread!!!

I loved hitting the 6 iron at the demo day. I was able to launch it high and straight, which says a lot as I am not a low handicapper.

I think I must be alone in my ambivalence towards these irons. I don't know, they just didn't do it for me.

I love the Pro Cavities. If I was a slightly better player or spent more time practicing these would be it for me.

I love the looks of these, i think they are one of the best looking sets on the market IMO, i love the idea of a combo set and that is exactly what i will have my next set of irons, not saying it will be the nikes but it will be a combo.

There is quite a bit of information on THP. There are multiple threads as well as the recent THP Demo Day thread for Nike that has a ton of information.

Those are very nice. Hey JB Im a nice guy so hand them over here and I'll suffer a bit and play them a while for you. It will be tough but Im good like that

Send them to me, I will give them a thorough testing for you

Seriously JB, I'd be a wreck in your shoes. If I had all the clubs available next to me I'd be stuck at range playing with them than actually being on the course haha.

I can watch this video all day long. Thanks for including S.P. for me, hehe. I want what she hits.

Great video. If i was in the market for some new irons I would totally give these a serious look. The are very sexy irons and I hope they perform just the same for me.

I'll tell you guys first hand that these irons are the bomb! So I had them bent stronger and it has helped a ton. It's knocked the trajectory down perfectly. On top of it they are so effing easy to hit. All you need to do is aim and swing and the balls goes where you want.

JB take them out for a test round. You'll enjoy them.

I'll tell you guys first hand that these irons are the bomb! So I had them bent stronger and it has helped a ton. It's knocked the trajectory down perfectly. On top of it they are so effing easy to hit. All you need to do is aim and swing and the balls goes where you want.

JB take them out for a test round. You'll enjoy them.

I have played them before and I am sure I will again. While I like them quite a bit, I dont necessarily agree about the aim and swing side of it. They are game enhancement irons through most of set and for many, that will not have an abundance of forgiveness.

Back