Srixon offering no upcharge shafts

mpeterson

Team THP for Life
Reaction score
Handicap
Went to go look at the Srixon site for something, and noticed that for their irons, they're now offering any of the steel shafts and grips for no upcharge, taking a page from Mizuno. From speccing out a few clubs, that looks like it might include some of the more "exotic" shafts like the Modus, C-taper, and PXi.

I thought the KBS, DG, and Nippon at no upcharge covered a large segment of the population, but there should be a shaft in there for everyone now.

Taylormade, Callaway, and Cobra are also doing this already. I think with the I series Ping was as well. They're catching up!

There Z945 and Z745 irons look really nice, and pain that with an awesome free upgrade shaft....nice! Good for them!

Good on them. They have a year left in their release cycle and have to compete with the other OEMs doing this already. Hopefully it carries over to the next release

Nice to see OEM's going this route. Options are never a bad thing for the consumer

Options are always a good thing!

Ugh this makes me want a z945/z745 combo set so bad.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Glad to read this, and look forward to every company buying into the idea.

I support that most companies pick the right shaft for a majority of golfers in their stock setups, but I think it's important to let the more picky group of golfers get what they like if it's an option at the onset of purchase.

as a consumer, i love it. but from a cost accounting perspective, i find it unnerving. what happens to the margin? i don't feel like the price of irons is increasing dramatically, so who is absorbing the cost that used to be passed onto the consumer? it has to be the oem, doesn't it?

Well just a guess but the iron clubheads probably cost them $15-20 at the most so there is a lot of room for some profit

Well just a guess but the iron clubheads probably cost them $15-20 at the most so there is a lot of room for some profit

i'm not disagreeing, but they're either squeezing the shaft companies, or they're managing costs somewhere else. i just find it interesting.

I support that most companies pick the right shaft for a majority of golfers in their stock setups, but I think it's important to let the more picky group of golfers get what they like if it's an option at the onset of purchase.

100% agree. And I love that Srixon, Mizuno, and Callaway (in the Apex line) are doing it with any steel shaft. It's pretty disheartening getting fit best into a shaft and finding it's a 30/club up charge or something.

Now Srixon simply need to start making more LH clubs!

Back