AeroTech Volant Shaft Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Aerotech Golf, maker of the No. 1 graphite iron shafts on the PGA Tour, announces the introduction of its all-new Volant product line, the company's first super lightweight iron shaft.

Featuring Aerotech's proprietary hoop wind surface layer and multiple stiffness profiles, the new Volant super lightweight iron shafts possess all the stability of a much heavier shaft, while generating higher launch angles and dynamic flight control. The new Volant shafts will be officially unveiled at the PGA Merchandise Show Demo Day on Jan. 26, 2016 in Orlando, Fla.

"Bringing together innovative graphite shaft design and creative material engineering, the all-new Volant exemplifies the real game-changing technology for which Aerotech is so well known," says Chris Hilleary, president of Aerotech Golf. "The Volant introduces a new generation of very stable, super-light weight golf shafts specifically designed for irons. The Volant's ultra-lightweight design maximizes swing speed and minimizes fatigue that produces greater distance and improved player performance for longer periods of play. It's a winning combination that's truly changing the game."

By incorporating Aerotech Golf's Proprietary Hoop Wind surface layer, Volant shafts eliminate shaft distortion during the golf swing and at impact for unmatched stability. The Volant generates higher launch angles and features a very stable tip section for dynamic flight control. Plus, like all Aerotech shafts, the Volant series provides the ultimate in vibration dampening which reduces the risk of injury and lessens player fatigue. The Volant is available in 55-gram (FT 500) and 65-gram (FT 600) models in several stiffness profiles so models are available for every golfer who wants to enjoy the benefits of lightweight iron shafts. MSRP $49.99.

Smart move by AeroTech here, definitely a market they were missing out on with the lighter weight and one that will only grow IMO.

I agree with #cookie that it's a smart move. We see lots of companies inferring lightweight so IMO good move by them to get into this market

LOVE the aertechs I had before, and these sound like an improvement on those. Looking forward to more details next week

Smart decision getting into that weight class. It's also nice seeing them release another product for the iron market.

Never tried these before. I will have to give them a look the next time I'm in the market. Thanks!

Aerotechs are solid. I know THPers will be excited about these.

I have been wanting to try some lighter weight shafts, think I am going to have to give these a go when they are released.

I like it. Still playing Aerotech's in my irons and they are solid shafts. I think this will definitely appeal to a group of golfers they previously didn't reach.

I've never tried any of their products before, but I'd be willing to give them a shot.

Being deep in ponder mode on some Steelfibers, and with Aerotech being based about 4 miles from my apt, this release intrigues me!

Looking forward to these. I have avoided Aerotechs due to the heavier weight.

Looking forward to these. I have avoided Aerotechs due to the heavier weight.
Same here, I'll be curious to learn more about these from the show.

Is anyone playing these? Would love to hear a review.

Back