Battling a "hump" move...

CB_fierce

Sensationalist...
Reaction score
Handicap
I have recently discovered a move that I have apparently have in my swing for a very long time, but has just never been addressed. I am generally a decent ball striker, but this is really bothering me and I would like to figure out a way to work it out.

The move was described by a couple of club Pros as a hump move. Basically, from the top of my swing, my hips move in closer to the ball, through impact. I have tried a few things to get this to stop, but cannot seem to fully beat it. Is this a move that you are familiar with? Are you aware of any drills or practice moves to help work that move out of a swing?

Thank you

CB

I am familiar with the move but never heard it called a "hump" move. What it is.....it's a compensation move through impact where you are losing your posture. This is typically from a person who doesn't rotate their hips fast enough through the hitting zone.

Best drill to feel the fix is pretty simple. Take a low back chair and stick it (the back of the chair) against your butt. as you swing to the top of the backswing feel right cheek against the chair and as you swing down feel the transfer to the left cheek. The important part of the drill is feel constant contact with the chair. This will help you stop the "hump" move as you swing down to the ball. Let me know how it goes or if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Back