Punta Cana travel golf

oiler3535

Reaction score
Handicap
Short Version : anybody play Catalonia Caribe golf course on Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana?

Longer: going on a March Break trip (teach so have to travel at expensive times), and looked through pretty much every available all inclusive (wife wouldn't go for Vegas or anywhere she has to leave the beach this time). Comes down to a cheap place in Holguin Cuba that has no golf (only 1 course in all of Cuba) and middling reviews (Memories Holguin-iffy food, lots of kids and buggy beach), or the Catalonia Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana for about 50% more. Which has solid reviews and includes golf ($60 in cart or $25 walking after 3, which is what I'd do). Bugs and kids don't really bother me, but as I haven't golfed since Halloween and won't otherwise until late April-if lucky- i'm torn. Is golf and a [probably] superior resort worth enough extra money to pay for my club membership? Reviews from anybody that has played there would be extremely helpful! Thanks!!

I haven't stayed the resort you are possibly staying at in Punta Cana, but my wife and I stayed at a different on for our honeymoon 2 years ago and absolutely loved it. It was a little more expensive than some other options we were looking at, but I am glad we spent a little more. I played at the course at the Iberostar property and had a good experience there (the golf was included as part of our package deal). If you are going to walk, be warned it's probably going to be hot and humid.

Hot and humid don't worry me. Can be 30* and 90% humidity here in August and I still walk my hilly home course. ��

This is relative to my interests. Wife and I got married in Sept. and due to scheduling, we weren't able to take a real honeymoon. This is our most likely destination and golf will in the cards for at least a couple rounds. Would be great to hear peoples input on the courses there.

Great reviews Ary. Unfortunately going down there is taking up nearly our entire budget so no expensive courses for me :at-wits-end:. Look like great courses to try in the future!

I'm headed to the Hard Rock there in March for our big work celebration. I'll be bringing my sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm headed to the Hard Rock there in March for our big work celebration. I'll be bringing my sticks.

march 12-19 I'm at Catalonia Bavaro Beach! Booked it this afternoon. Course looks okay, but as I get to bring my sticks for free on Air Transat and only $25 walking for me after 3 I'm sure Looking forward to playing for the first time since Halloween :alien2:

Let us know how it is, I am looking for a good deal on an all inclusive golf getaway with my GF (she is also in education so we have to travel during the most expensive times)

We actually booked our honeymoon for Punta Cana. Gonna be playing Punta Cana Golf course. Its a Nick Proce design. Im pretty excited for it.

We actually booked our honeymoon for Punta Cana. Gonna be playing Punta Cana Golf course. Its a Nick Proce design. Im pretty excited for it.

I was a good new husband lol. We did Maui and I didn't mention golfing once. Once mentioned golf at all when we were near the Plantation Course and I pointed it out.

I was a good new husband lol. We did Maui and I didn't mention golfing once. Once mentioned golf at all when we were near the Plantation Course and I pointed it out.

When she sent in our requests to the travel agent, she actually requested golf be a part of the package. She's def a keeper

march 12-19 I'm at Catalonia Bavaro Beach! Booked it this afternoon. Course looks okay, but as I get to bring my sticks for free on Air Transat and only $25 walking for me after 3 I'm sure Looking forward to playing for the first time since Halloween :alien2:
That's the week we are planning on going as well.

That's the week we are planning on going as well.

That Punta Blanca? Looks nice. Wish I had the extra busget to come down and join you for a round! Enjoy ?

That Punta Blanca? Looks nice. Wish I had the extra busget to come down and join you for a round! Enjoy 
Oh, I haven't decided where I will be playing or even nailed down a place to stay, I just know we will be down there for that week somewhere....

Well, if you're up my way at Catalonia Caribe and want a round let me know! I plan on going 3-4 times while down. Probably at 3 so I can walk (have to wait until 3 to walk and I hate riding...as a bonus it's cheaper!). Though if you need an extra at a nicer course one day, and I can find a way there I'd be happy to join you!

Lol. I quoted the worng person. Meant to reply to David at the Nick Price course. Never been to Punta Cana before, but if you go up to Puerta Plata, the Blue Bay Villas was great last year. Golf was mediocre (like 80 plus caddie tip to play, though can haggle easily), and beach a bit windy, but overall great and excursions were fun.

Oh, I haven't decided where I will be playing or even nailed down a place to stay, I just know we will be down there for that week somewhere....

I have played Corales and Punta Espada both courses were in perfect shape and the views from both were top notch.

Back