Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

i-sdGJxN2-M.jpg

FORGED FOR FORGIVENESS

Covington, Ga. — Bridgestone Golf, the #1 ball-fitter in golf and a recognized industry innovator, announced today the launch of its new JGR Hybrid Forged Irons at the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show. The new Bridgestone JGR Hybrid Forged Irons use innovative technologies and materials to deliver longer distance and more forgiveness, while maintaining the buttery feel golfers have come to expect from forged irons.

“Similar to how we identified a gap in the market and invented the category of Tour balls for amateur swings back in 2008, we noticed that there was major gap in the club market for players who wanted the feel of a forged iron, but needed more forgiveness,” said Josh Kinchen, Golf Club Marketing Manager, Bridgestone Golf, Inc. “Our solution is the JGR Hybrid Forged Irons. JGR Irons deliver unmatched forgiveness, launch and distance due to their incredibly low and deep center-of-gravity and face design.”

The forgiveness and performance that the JGR Hybrid Forged Irons generate is achieved through three primary technologies:

1. Ultra-thin Face Design
• Crafted from a proprietary metal alloy, Ultimate Strong Metal 2.0 features unparalleled tensile and yield strength in an ultra-thin (1.5mm) face for greater repulsion, forgiveness and longer carry distance.

2. Low and Deep Center-of-Gravity
• Utilizing a unique wide-sole design that resists digging at impact, the center-of-gravity in the JGR irons is located in the extreme lower rear of the club, allowing for incredibly easy, high launching distance.

3. Turbo Rubber Composite Insert
• Bridgestone’s patented insert in the clubhead dampens vibration at impact, further enhancing its soft forged feel and saves discretionary weight to optimize perimeter-weighting forgiveness.

The JGR Hybrid Forged Irons come standard in a set of 6-PW2 with both steel (Nippon™ NS Pro Zelos 8) and graphite (UST Mamiya™ Recoil) shaft options. Street Price for steel is $699 and for graphite it is $749. Custom shaft and grip options are available.

The JGR Hybrid Forged Irons will be available at retail on March 4, 2016.

Visit www.bridgestonegolf.com to learn more about Bridgestone Golf’s 2016 plans and to view the comprehensive lineup of new products.

CZpiu0PWwAEwoqN.jpg:large

Last edited:
That's an interesting looking sole. I'll definitely try to see if I can track some of these down to check them out in-hand. I almost commented about the low price, then I looked again and saw the sets started at 6i. I'm assuming these are aimed at golfers who are using hybrids on all the longer irons.

I can definitely see a place for these in the Bridgestone lineup, but man are those some funky loft/iron number combinations.

These look fun. "PW2" is interesting. Kinda had to laugh at turbo rubber.

But it's one of the few sets that I really want to try. I see forgiveness for days and Recoils are a great graphite option.

Definitely like the looks of these. I think Bridgestone is making a great push to identify the needs of consumers. Will be interesting to see if they continue to make strides making their equipment available for the wrong side of the plate golfer.

A very interesting sole design.

Interesting that they start at 6i. I dont mind the looks. Will be interesting to hear the review on these

Very interesting design, scream forgiveness with that sole design. Bet it can really help those who struggle with a bit too much turf interactiom

Those look interesting. Something different from Bridgestone's normal classic design. I think I would like to try them, soon!

Love the shaft offering, definitely some beef to them, so probably crazy forgiving

The cavity looks like my Apex Pros, but man these have a lot of junk in the trunk!

As far as a SGI goes I think these are pretty cool. $750 with Recoils is a solid price point too.

The cavity looks like my Apex Pros, but man these have a lot of junk in the trunk!
That thought about the cavity was the same thing I thought, more of a players style look. Then I saw the sole. Seems like a great blend of forgiveness and good looks, assuming the sole isn't so wide it's distracting to some.

Looks pretty nice from the pics.

That is a wide sole for sure!
I'd imagine these are very easy to hit!

Interesting design and set makeup. The shaft options are solid. Looks and sounds like a good club for those wanting forged irons with forgiveness

seems like a segment bstone has not really pursued recently, so good for them. and a good price point as well.

Neat design, has to be easy to hit with great feel in the forging. But not sure why they did the whole PW1 and PW2 thing when there's no 4 iron in the set. Really confusing.

Looks like they would be easy to hit, and launch. Love the forgiveness in a forged iron.

These look cool, great ppt but I'm bummed that they're only 6-PW2 would have liked the 4/5 as replacement clubs

6-PW2 is a bit dumb. With a 38* PW these must be the highest launching design ever created. Geez.

Is pw2 like a gw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remind me of Ping G20's but this sole looks thicker (if that was possible)

Back