The Subaru thread

Im happy to see that Subaru isnt going to discontinue the BRZ afterall. Its a great car, just needs a little more power. With Toyota planning to partner with BMW on their next sportscar, theres no reason why the next gen FRS/BRZ cant be amazing.

Im happy to see that Subaru isnt going to discontinue the BRZ afterall. Its a great car, just needs a little more power. With Toyota planning to partner with BMW on their next sportscar, theres no reason why the next gen FRS/BRZ cant be amazing.

Is the sti brz not happening?

Is the sti brz not happening?
There were reports that they would discontinue the BRZ, as Toyota has decided to end their partnership with Subaru and is choosing to go with BMW over Subaru for their next sportscar (the production verision of the FT1 concept car) but more recently, the president of Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru's parent company) has said that there would be a 2nd gen for the Subaru and it would be designed alongside the next gen of the Toyota/Scion FRS.
Personally, I love the BRZ and Id buy one in a second if it were a vehicle that fit my needs. Unfortunately, I need something that has 4 doors and a usable back seat and trunk; so it really doesnt fit my needs but its still one sexy car.
It just needs more power. Id love to see them offer an STi version with a turbo so that it can better compete with the BMW 3-Series.

There were reports that they would discontinue the BRZ, as Toyota has decided to end their partnership with Subaru and is choosing to go with BMW over Subaru for their next sportscar (the production verision of the FT1 concept car) but more recently, the president of Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru's parent company) has said that there would be a 2nd gen for the Subaru and it would be designed alongside the next gen of the Toyota/Scion FRS.
Personally, I love the BRZ and Id buy one in a second if it were a vehicle that fit my needs. Unfortunately, I need something that has 4 doors and a usable back seat and trunk; so it really doesnt fit my needs but its still one sexy car.
It just needs more power. Id love to see them offer an STi version with a turbo so that it can better compete with the BMW 3-Series.

I don't think it will compete with the 3 series except for a few buyers, just a totally different car. Even the 2 series is bigger and more comfortable. But I do think a 300 hp brz would be a bad ass toy.

Toyota just needs to bring back a twin turbo v6 and stop messing with these boxer motors. Only Porsche does those right.

so my car has been on jackstands for a week now, but new wheels are on the way and should be here on Wednesday or Thursday. photoshopped what it should look like but the pic I used made the wheels look bronzish, they're actually flat-black. also found a picture of a friend of a friends old car, decided I want mine to look like it within a few months. getting a 2nd gen legacy gt wagon wing to put on it, getting wrx springs and struts in a couple of weeks, gonna roll my fenders soon, and the wheels I got in case you were wondering are 17x8.25 xxr 527's. tires are probably gonna have to be 225/45/17's, that's the biggest I think I can fit under there. gonna have to stretch a bit but that's no biggie.

0BE8EA7E-54A6-4161-A362-CD7679A09734_zpstsd0pic2.jpg

0CB5E580-29D6-4A2A-95E3-3239D384B8D4_zpsxougicnr.jpg

Car has been put into storage for the winter. One of them I blew the engine, put a rod through the block. Damn me for wanting more boost. Swapped a stick motor back in for now. And now I'm driving my first Subaru again. She hasn't been in the road in over two years and all it took was an oil change and new gas. Love these cars. Ordered yet another set of rims. This time for my winter subaru. An ASP (aspen white pearl) 2000 2.5 Rs coupe. Picked up a set of Enkei pf01's for winter rubber. Went with 16x7.5 Can't wait to rebuild one of the motors for my blue car and get her back On The road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what my car currently looks like, minus my recently purchased basket extension, stickered up basket, and two mounted bike racks that make it look like it has bunny ears.
1904089_10200187411125971_8477123645793248104_n_zpsiyzqak5s.jpg

j%2011_zpsuccpg3i1.jpg

DSCN1079_zpsn0j5ulbx.jpg

If they can ever get one to the dealership that doesn't have "transit damage" (latest word is late this week), I should be joining this thread with a new 2015 Subaru Outback, 2.5i Limited w/Moonroof, Nav, Power Lift Gate, and Eyesight system.

It amazes me with the Outbacks and Legacies that the '15s were released like 7-8 months ago, and the dealerships are selling them as fast as they can get onto the lots. Was actually tough to find one of each to drive (regardless of trim) at the same dealership a couple weeks back.

I sure do enjoy the 15 OB's. Make sure you get pearl white though.

I used to have a 03 wrx wgn. I still miss that boxer sound. Here's a pic.

I just cant wait to pull my baby out of storage and get her back on the road. mind you way less power but still the suspension makes it a blast to drive. Love my subys! I'll have to try and get a pic of the two cars next to each other up here next week after pulling my blue one out of storage and getting the white one ready for summer storage.

They have a very clever advertising/marketing department. Several great commercials airing right now.

welp, sold my car. kinda parted it out beforehand.
had xxr 527's with brand new tires, sold em for $700. (paid 975)
had wrx struts and springs on my car, gave em to a friend who did the headgaskets and timing belt on my car. (paid 65)
had a Yakima loadwarrior extended basket and roof rack setup, sold it for $450. (paid like 350)
had a custom light bar and hella lights, sold that for $225 (paid 170)
had a 2nd gen legacy wagon gt spoiler I was going to mount, sold it for $60 (paid 35)

sold the car with:
forester struts and springs (paid $80)
steelies with brand new 205/70/15 tires (paid $75)
and sold the car for $2500.

currently have about $8000 saved up. looking to buy a 2004-2005 VW Jetta GLI. SUPER easy to make about 235 to the wheels, super fun to drive, and racecar enough but still practical and gets great gas mileage and very reliable.

Well seems to be a trend... I am putting one or both of my 2000 2.5RS's up for sale as I just purchased a 2010 WRX Limited. A buddy is a car sales man and knew I had been looking for one so he let me know as soon as they took it in on trade, I went in and within 3 hours papers were drawn and now all that's its waiting on is me to go on tomorrow and sign so i can drive it home. She is almost stock save for a K&N intake, already have some parts at the house for it, Rims, Rubber, and a short shifter. After that it will be getting braided SS brake lines, full Exhaust, upgrades intercooler and a reflash of the ECU. Figure that should keep me happy through the winter and then in spring start on the bigger things like upgrading the fuel system to support an STi turbo upgrade and possibly cams. Quite excited as the first trip I will take with it is to the "MI/OH and whoever else" get together this weekend!

Three more payments and my loan is paid off. Three days after Christmas! It will be nice not to have a payment.

Three more payments and my loan is paid off. Three days after Christmas! It will be nice not to have a payment.
Make that 4 more payments!

Smalls how many miles on your 10?

50,531. Just checked! Had 6,900 when I bought it in November of 2010.

Be interested to see what happens when you get up around 100k.

I thought Subaru had their head gasket issues figured out but I have done 3 sets in the past 3 weeks all on outbacks with damn near 100k on the dot.

WHat years and what models? I thought they had that issue fixed with the 2007 or 08 models.

All 10 Outbacks.

They all had 2.5 4 cylinders.

That's what I have. Hopefully it is not widespread.

Since I quit driving all over the place, I only put on 6,000 miles this year, so it could be a while before I get to 100K.

68,000 miles and I have the head gasket thing. Luckily I took the extended warranty (insurance) on it so it is going to cost me $100 out of pocket. I am going up tomorrow to get a loaner while they do the work.

Thanks JRod for all of your PM's on this that past few days. Lucky for me it happened now instead of about 40 days when the warranty expires.

The car has been great for me to this point, so I am not going to say I won't get another one, but it won't be a 2.5 liter.

68,000 miles and I have the head gasket thing. Luckily I took the extended warranty (insurance) on it so it is going to cost me $100 out of pocket. I am going up tomorrow to get a loaner while they do the work.

Thanks JRod for all of your PM's on this that past few days. Lucky for me it happened now instead of about 40 days when the warranty expires.

The car has been great for me to this point, so I am not going to say I won't get another one, but it won't be a 2.5 liter.

What's the head gasket issue?

Back