Lamkin UTx Grips Review

Yeah I really like the green. Is that a regular production color.

That is the special editions masters release. No announcement yet on other colors than what is already available.

They look great Jman. I really hope they release more colours next year.

That is the special editions masters release. No announcement yet on other colors than what is already available.
Bummer!! I showed my wife last night and she wrote them down on my Christmas list. Dang it Jman, you and your special edition grips!

Just grabbed 7 of the black/blue-cap new UTx wraps off the bay.

PUMPED!

Going on the woods and the wedges.

Just grabbed 7 of the black/blue-cap new UTx wraps off the bay.

PUMPED!

Going on the woods and the wedges.

I've been using these for awhile now and they are super comfortable with a decent cord feel. I will admit they aren't the longest lasting grip ever, but they are price much better than having to replace the GP TV BCT's.

I am going to say that while these grips don't last quite as long as others, they seem to go from gritty to a bit tacky as they wear in. I've been doing a ton of ball striking drills, which means I've been putting my long irons under a lot of extra stress, and while they no longer feel like they hold by friction as they did when I first put hands on them, they still seem to stick very easily to my hands.

I love these grips. Not sure I need something with as much texture as they offer out here, but they're simply a godsend in high moisture/humidity.

Interesting they'd change that much that fast for you. Regular soap and water wasn't giving them that brand new feel again?

Nope. Washed them a couple of times, haven't quite gotten back to feeling like they do in parts where I don't grip the club as much.

Like I said, it's only a couple of clubs (my 5 & 6 iron) that I've been using for a lot of practice. By & large the rest of the bag still feels as good as they did in Myrtle.

It is interesting, I've really enjoyed them because I haven't had the wear issues that I have with other grips. Ah well, different grip strengths and such I suppose, lots of variables when it comes to grips.

I ordered another 11 midsize red / blues ones yesterday for new irons and to complete the rest of my set. I've also not had any wear issues and they are as tacky now as they were when I first put them on a few months back. These will definitely be used on all my clubs for as long as they are made.

I am going to say that while these grips don't last quite as long as others, they seem to go from gritty to a bit tacky as they wear in. I've been doing a ton of ball striking drills, which means I've been putting my long irons under a lot of extra stress, and while they no longer feel like they hold by friction as they did when I first put hands on them, they still seem to stick very easily to my hands.

I love these grips. Not sure I need something with as much texture as they offer out here, but they're simply a godsend in high moisture/humidity.
Where are you playing with high moisture and humidity? Must be travelling a bunch...

I love, LOVE the red ones that come stock on the Srixon irons. Wish I could grab some more for replacements.

I love, LOVE the red ones that come stock on the Srixon irons. Wish I could grab some more for replacements.

X100 for this. I wish these were available at retail. I asked Jacob from Lamkin and no chance of ordering these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you playing with high moisture and humidity? Must be travelling a bunch...
So I went to this thing in South Carolina a few months back...About 40 of us, out there in Myrtle Beach...played some golf, gave out some trophies...You might have heard of it. The Morgan Cup, they called it. Kind of a big deal around here.

Also, kinda humid!

X100 for this. I wish these were available at retail. I asked Jacob from Lamkin and no chance of ordering these.

I've been meaning to do this, but have either of you tried asking Srixon/Cleveland if you can order from them?

I've been meaning to do this, but have either of you tried asking Srixon/Cleveland if you can order from them?

Yes via twitter and srixon referred me to Lamkin for the answer.

Use Gripes to keep them clean and fresh. It works incredibly well.

I know how two complete bags of clubs--all with Lamkin UTX grips on them. For me they are the perfect combination of cord and tackiness. I can play them without a glove, which I tend to do every now and again, without issue.

The oldest ones that I have were only on since October, so I haven't seen any wear issues as of yet.

I also have a package of Gripes that I intend to use to keep them new/clean/fresh.

I have two colors of the grips on my clubs; blue and black. Thinks it's just me but the black grips feel a bit thinner in comparison to the other two.

Just got in my new Srixon Z545 irons the other day with the all red UTx grips. Had a black UTx on a driver shaft previously that I really liked but these all red grips bring them to a whole new level. Hope they add these to their 2015 so I can replace the NDMC on my woods and wedges with these. Also just order a pack of Gripes to use on them.

The universal love of the solid red has got to be noticed by the Lamkin crew. Please the masses Lamkin!

On a side note, I'm finding it very difficult to not go buy a bunch of those wraps. So don't need them though.

I only used mine for 1/2 a season, but using Gripes at the end of the season actually brought them right back into like new condition.

#BOOM Looks like green Utx grips are in my future this year

#BOOM Looks like green Utx grips are in my future this year

Yep yep! It's been hinted a while.

I'll be buying more.

And hoping for more colors still!

Lamkin UTx Grips Review

Still trying to find these here in Finland, or a good deal on eBay...but they will definitely be on my clubs before the season starts.

Back