The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are facial products so damn expensive, and why do I need so many of them as I get older?

I am not one to have a "beauty" routine, but I feel like I am definitely starting to look my age so I thought it would be good to start a routine. I talked with my aesthetician and she gave me great pointers and products I can find on the "cheap", apparently cheap in that world is $80 for 1 product and you need 4, used twice daily. Ugh!

Be thankful you all are guys.
you should talk to my wife. ?

Precisely what I'm going to do with this next test. Will get some phone calls, but I'm good with it.

Thats awesome. Nothing like life lessons to teach people.

And Accutane was a huge help for me. I think I was one of the few that actually had no bad side effects of it.
I took it for awhile and the only bad thing that happened is that my skin was very sensitive. had no other major side effects.

Writing something very, very, very cool...and I think more importantly, useful.

Class is almost in session.

Really? That would be awesome! I have a list of things I was told are good for a daily routine.

Like I mentioned, I don't have any skin problems, in fact I a VERY lucky because I don't break out I don't have any blemishes, but I am getting fine lines and I do have freckles which will darken with age so I want to help with that stuff before it gets bad.

My mom has such saggy skin, and I don't want that to happen to me, so this is all preventative.

GG, send me a PM of what exactly you are looking to achieve and I can steer you in the right direction.

It's a business, the skin care world. And people will try to sell ANYTHING, and others will buy it.

There is actual medical recommendations as far as anti-aging and general skin care to keep yourself spot-free and youthful. I've been a derm nurse x 8 years and it's my passion so I could go on and on and on. But if you are looking for specific things I can point you, and the wallet in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accutane is bad news for a lot of people. My cousin was part of the class action suit because he had major health problems linked to Accutane.

Accutane is actually, a very safe medication if monitored accordingly. Some people have issues, but 99% of people have great success and no issues .... those reports aren't made public because the media doesn't care about positive medication reports, only negative. Accutane has helped millions and millions of people and the only true "cure" for acne.

I haven't had any of the bad side effects. Well none that I can say Accutane caused. Most of my health problems can also be attributed to family history. I do remember reading the side effects when I first started taking it and wasn't too thrilled about them. I think the worst part was having to go monthly and having blood drawn. That sucked.

I got more nose bleeds than I could count. At least one a day normally. Also got super bad chapped lips, but it was easily worth getting rid of the horrible acne I had.

GG, send me a PM of what exactly you are looking to achieve and I can steer you in the right direction.

It's a business, the skin care world. And people will try to sell ANYTHING, and others will buy it.

There is actual medical recommendations as far as anti-aging and general skin care to keep yourself spot-free and youthful. I've been a derm nurse x 8 years and it's my passion so I could go on and on and on. But if you are looking for specific things I can point you, and the wallet in the right direction.

PM sent.

Accutane is actually, a very safe medication if monitored accordingly. Some people have issues, but 99% of people have great success and no issues .... those reports aren't made public because the media doesn't care about positive medication reports, only negative. Accutane has helped millions and millions of people and the only true "cure" for acne.

So so so so so so true.

Bad news is I have to get a scope ran down to my esophagus, good news is it looks like most of my recent issues are caused by extreme acid reflux.

Bad news is I have to get a scope ran down to my esophagus, good news is it looks like most of my recent issues are caused by extreme acid reflux.
My sister suffers from this. She takes medication daily and has restrictions on what she can eat and when, but she said you get used to it and it's not that bad and she lost a ton of weight because of it.

My ocd is getting out of control. My new fridge sticks out about a half inch further from the cabinet on one side than the other and its driving me crazy

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My ocd is getting out of control. My new fridge sticks out about a half inch further from the cabinet on one side than the other and its driving me crazy

I re-racked someone's weights at the gym because they were crooked. So I get it!

I quit chewing which will help a lot. I am very grouchy though haha. Eating better and taking prilosec and zantac for the time being. They want to make sure my esophagus is ok, should be able to be feeling much better ASAP :)

My sister suffers from this. She takes medication daily and has restrictions on what she can eat and when, but she said you get used to it and it's not that bad and she lost a ton of weight because of it.

I quit chewing which will help a lot. I am very grouchy though haha. Eating better and taking prilosec and zantac for the time being. They want to make sure my esophagus is ok, should be able to be feeling much better ASAP :)
The biggest thing for her is making sure she doesn't lay down for at least an hour after she eats and waits 30 minutes after she takes her pill in the morning to eat. With that it's totally under control.

You will definitely be feeling better in no time.

The generic omeprazole works wonders for me.

Got some fun awaiting me at home
1ff77bc8003def412f23dcb9eca4ddce.jpg

Even the snow in Ohio is grey.

Damn that still hasnt gone away? Hopefully they can just give you some meds for it.

Yeah its backwards day, usually its crappier up at work and not as bad down at home, but its the inverse today

Better you than us.

Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back