Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, what people read before release is not all that accurate...:angel:

You mean 99% of the time. LOL

Both look great will have to try them when they hit the market

Okay so I wanted to give a brief update on the swings I put on this driver. It's still very early, but so far I think I am liking what I am seeing. I only had 3 drivers with me yesterday, which was a Ping G30, my current gamer the Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 and and the Great Big Bertha. I cant get into the tech yet, but it's coming very soon. I like both of these drivers, but preferred the Big Bertha Alpha 815 to the G30 based almost solely on sound/feel.

Before I go on, I should tell you that the 815 was fit for me and the G30 was not. I hit the 815 Alpha about 8 yards further than the G30 with similar numbers. I hit the Great Big Bertha right out of the gate, the same distance I hit the 815. It reminds me of the 815 and the V-Series having a Giant Baby and they name it Great Big Bertha. I got great launch out of the gate using my Project X LZ shaft (non-handcrafted version) and the forgiveness laterally was as good as I have seen to date. Very similar to the previous 2 drivers I was hitting this day.

I have to limit my swings right now due to an injury, but felt pretty good, so took 8 with each of the 1st two and 9 with the Great Big Bertha. Its going to stay in my bag for a bit as I continue to work with it, but so far so good.
Great initial thoughts Josh, I love hearing about the combination!

So I think I am putting this one in the bag. Just hit about 8 balls with it and really like what I am seeing.

So I think I am putting this one in the bag. Just hit about 8 balls with it and really like what I am seeing.

I didn't need to read this bc I know how well you hit the BBA815

You know how well I hit the XR. You think this or the 816 <><> is destined for my bag?

Really? Better than the 815, sheesh

You know how well I hit the XR. You think this or the 816 <><> is destined for my bag?

You liked the XR, so I would say this will be in the bag for you.

Yep, this sounds like the new Driver in my future.

This really has my attention, hoping for a 13.5 head

I play my BB 2014 since it came out. Very interested in this new version, but probably wait till the price came down.

This is getting 18 holes tomorrow and will update the thread post round.

This is getting 18 holes tomorrow and will update the thread post round.

I can't wait. This is definitely on my need to know more list.

. Missed this thread with a Crazy busy work week. But just read the whole thing.

Interested to see and here more.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I play my BB 2014 since it came out. Very interested in this new version, but probably wait till the price came down.

I plan to demo it, if I see improvement I will probably upgrade. I an hoping for a trade up promotion on this one.
fingerscrossed.gif

Don't know how I missed this up until now...

When Harry said Callaway was bringing back APW in a way that was bigger and better on here a few months back, he had my attention. The APW slot looks bigger than the slot from the 2014 Bertha...is the weight also heavier (I think it was 8 grams in '14)? The tech nerd in me wants to know more about this club, and the golfer in me is afraid that it might be a better product than my current Bertha, and I'll end my "no buying clubs in 2015" agreement in spectacular fashion.

Pat Perez put this in play along with some others this week. I was rained out today, but will try again Monday.

CK73l6ZWoAEvwEG.jpg

Curious that the fade setting starts practically dead center of the face.

Curious that the fade setting starts practically dead center of the face.

It's more about the camera angle really.
2e337c258c56d2b86ba1707190ec47f8.jpg

And to me that is also just labeling
3660daa51bbc2ebb9f0a2cfd742ba0a7.jpg

So. Much. Want. To. Hit.

Dumb name aside this thing looks pretty solid. I liked the APW in the original Bertha and combining it with a weight port seems like a cool idea.

Dumb name aside this thing looks pretty solid. I liked the APW in the original Bertha and combining it with a weight port seems like a cool idea.

I like the name, but, I also like the era when drivers had names and not random numbers. Plus, its not a new name...

We all are different though for sure.

I like the name, but, I also like the era when drivers had names and not random numbers. Plus, its not a new name...

We all are different though for sure.
I think it's dumb but it stops there for me, I have no animosity towards a club or brand over its name. It would obviously never stop me from trying or buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back