Project X HZRDUS Shaft Thread

Still so much to learn about this thing. The looks is fantastic though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Love the design, the hazmat placard feature is excellent!

Those are quite interesting looking.

That yellow...

790.gif

I really like the Yellow. Might be the base color I go with for my shaft design in the Project X event.

I really like the Yellow. Might be the base color I go with for my shaft design in the Project X event.
The yellow definitely looks super awesome.

That yellow is so awesome, I would attempt to game that in a heartbeat

This really excites me for the Project X event. We're going to be getting our demo shafts pretty soon. Hoping one of these shows up at my door :)

Probably not even close to the characteristics that fit me, but I want one!

The counterbalance intrigues me.

Counterbalance is interesting. What are the thoughts behind that? What benefits does it provide?

Counterbalance is interesting. What are the thoughts behind that? What benefits does it provide?

I know Aldila has talked about added it to some of their shafts to help balance the longer shaft lengths being used now. I would assume it would be a similar idea here, though would be interested to hear more from Project X

My goodness is that thing ever yellow!

"Counterbalancing is all about feel. Additional weight in the butt of the club alters the balance point, decreases the swingweight, and increases the overall weight. In the jargon of the trade, a backweighted club often is called a “heavier hammer” simply because of the increased mass."

http://golfweek.com/news/2004/apr/03/counterbalancing-newest-golf-trend/

If only counterbalanced shafts had been reviewed and discussed on THP before.... :alien:

We will keep seeing more and more go that way because either allows for easier swing weighting and builds with the current length of drivers/woods and the heavier heads.

I'm going to need on of these shafts, yep!

Counter balancing can be used for multiple reasons:

- Reduce Club Swing Weight
- Increase head mass at same length without increasing swing weight
- Increasing length without increasing swing weight

DB

DB

Oh how I love it when you chime in!

These are getting some serious buzz, and they look SICK!

How does that work?

DB
Very cool, nicely done.

Novice question alert:
Is swing weight calculated as the total physical weight of a club? If so, how does adding a counter weight and increased head mass = less or same swing weight?
(I can try to clarify that question if it doesn't make sense to anyone not currently residing inside my noggin)

Back