How many of you miss a green and instantly think bogie?

I start thinking 'how can I get up and down'. Gotta believe you can do it.

Missing the green is normal. My thought is always, I can get this up and down. Sometimes I'm even looking at a solid chance to chip it in.

~Rock

I'm guilty of this, need to work on staying more positive and confident with my short game.

If I miss the green, I'm always trying to get it close and get up and down.

The one possible exception to this is I tend to be pretty down when I go in a greenside bunker, and I need to be more positive. I'm not a great bunker player - unsure how much of it is technique and how much of it is confidence/decelerating, but I need to get that addressed and be more confident, because I sure as hell can't be successful if I'm telling myself subconsciously that I suck as I'm stepping into the sand.

It really all depends on where I miss it and where the pin is and how familiar I am with the course. If there's no green to work with, bogey is a goal because all I want to do is get myself onto the green for an easy 2 putt. If there's lots of green to work with, then of course I'm trying to get it close.

My wedge game is mediocre at best, yet I never automatically assume bogey if I miss the green with my approach.

Same for me. I'm always thinking up and down for par, but I need to get my short game in the kind of shape where it actually happens more often.

It depends on my lie and hole location. I more often think ok lets get this close for an easy par.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

No, I'm thinking birdie or par, if that is the best I can do. I'm always trying to make it.

How many of you miss a green and instantly think bogie?

I focus on the next shot. Not what the score will be. Trying to hole it from off the green is typically the thought.

Depending on where I miss the green, I still think par is a very attainable score. Sometimes, I am playing for bogey, tho.

I've certainly been guilty of that. My short game has improved some this year but I am often thinking ok just give yourself a chance at par here. I'd still like to improve to where I am giving myself a little bit shorter putts.

Not always. If it's a short sided chip, where I can put it on the green and let it release then I think birdie is still in play and definitely par.

Never, I always cling to the hope of making Par and I even look at chipping in for bird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I don't immediately think bogey - I'm usually trying to figure out how to get it close. Yesterday I had two actual up & downs and I hit 1 pin in the air and it ricocheted 10 feet and I missed the putt. I'm just not getting the ball close enough - often enough.

This is me for the most part. My 32% scrambling rate backs up that belief. I will say that I have improved over the last few weeks so I have a bit more belief in my short game now.

I don't really think about it one way or the other, I hit the best chip I possibly can and grab the putter. I'll worry about the bogey some other time.

Heck, I'm thinking a bogey is a good outcome when I HIT a green.

I never think bogey until I've hit my par putt/shot. That way of thinking often gives me a lengthy return, but I need to give it a chance to go in. If I don't I'll kick myself for the next three holes..

My approach game has always been a bit suspect, so a lot of my pars come from a good chip and 1 putt.
I never discount the possibility of par until I've hit the par shot and missed.

I think jar it for a birdie at worst a tap in par......then I skull it, chunk it, blade it or send a hosel rocket over the green and then I'm thinking where's the beer girl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back