Reaction score
Handicap
What is the weight of the TFC that Ping uses in the G30 drivers? Regular flex
Thanks

Last edited:
59 grams for the stiff I believe.

The regular flex is 55 grams per PING.com

OK thanks.
Let's say I find a shaft that's 60s. Would I even see a real benefit in 5 more in weight.
Since I read somewhere that Ping purty much has things set up in shaft weight, would I be better off not messing with it?

OK thanks.
Let's say I find a shaft that's 60s. Would I even see a real benefit in 5 more in weight.
Since I read somewhere that Ping purty much has things set up in shaft weight, would I be better off not messing with it?
What is it you are trying to accomplish by going to a slightly heavier shaft?

Going a bit heavier may have an effect on your swing, and therefore the contact/ball flight, but the only way to know is a head to head comparison. And, that, would preferably involve both a launch monitor and some time on the course, seeing what each option gives you from the same tee/lie/situation/etc.

I was told a little heavier shaft can help with getting a touch more swing speed.............then my mind starts to turn.

I was told a little heavier shaft can help with getting a touch more swing speed.............then my mind starts to turn.

I guess, depending on one's swing (and confidence in the swing), that's possible. Strictly from a weight perspective, (generalization coming...) less weight could lead to the potential for more swing speed. If you can, I would still recommend to get both options (hopefully with the same club head) onto a monitor and on the course from the same positions.

I have been known to dabble in various club heads and shafts (understatement). I used to be one who swore I needed a fairway wood shaft in the 80-ish gram range, a driver shaft in the 60-ish gram range, and iron shafts 120+ grams. After going through a fitting, I was wrong. For my driver, I now focus on shafts sub-70, for sure, and fairway woods sub-80, for sure. In irons, I went to sub-110 grams, and currently have a set being re-shafted with sub-100 gram shafts. The potential for more club head speed is there. But, what I have found is that the lighter shafts have: 1) Made it easier for me to get similar distances to what I was trying to reach with heavier shafts and 2) Much less wear-and-tear, and less fatigue, later in the round, or especially later in a day where I am trying to get in multiple rounds.

If I could find a driver shaft sub-60, which I was able to hit at least as well as my current driver shaft, I'd jump on it, personally.

I guess, depending on one's swing (and confidence in the swing), that's possible. Strictly from a weight perspective, (generalization coming...) less weight could lead to the potential for more swing speed. If you can, I would still recommend to get both options (hopefully with the same club head) onto a monitor and on the course from the same positions.

I have been known to dabble in various club heads and shafts (understatement). I used to be one who swore I needed a fairway wood shaft in the 80-ish gram range, a driver shaft in the 60-ish gram range, and iron shafts 120+ grams. After going through a fitting, I was wrong. For my driver, I now focus on shafts sub-70, for sure, and fairway woods sub-80, for sure. In irons, I went to sub-110 grams, and currently have a set being re-shafted with sub-100 gram shafts. The potential for more club head speed is there. But, what I have found is that the lighter shafts have: 1) Made it easier for me to get similar distances to what I was trying to reach with heavier shafts and 2) Much less wear-and-tear, and less fatigue, later in the round, or especially later in a day where I am trying to get in multiple rounds.

If I could find a driver shaft sub-60, which I was able to hit at least as well as my current driver shaft, I'd jump on it, personally.

Thanks you!!!

Back